West Ham Pre-Match Thread... Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat ready to go but its over three hours before kick off !
shocking.gif

I've got my lucky socks on and think I'll stand in the rain in City Square before the match. Ali Benarbia, Kevin Horlock, Andy Morrison and Ian Bishop on stage.

Keep the Faith. Solid at the back is the order of the day.
play_ball.gif

Mac.

AliWaheed said:
Couldn't sleep last night - not because of the nervousness but the excitement. Can honestly say I am TOTALLY confident. More confident than I was before the QPR game. Oh shit.

In all seriousness, it's not a formality, but I have confidence that the boys are in the right frame of mind.

COME ON CITY. It's gonna be a statement. 9-0 We'll break the record in style. Aguero hatrick, Dzeko hatrick, Yaya, Milner and Nasri. Silva with 9 assists.
just the nine assists for silva? is he saving himself for the world cup?

West ham will retreat like villa did, but they will get the ball forward far quicker. For all the talk about villa being a decent counter attacking team, I think west ham are better. Two things need to happen. Vinnie needs to get touch tight on big Andy. He can't turn or run onto the ball, he is a better player with his back to goal and links the play well. Vinnie needs to boss that.

Make sure the fullbacks are on the overlap. Stop their wingers getting forward. This is how they get their set pieces and crosses and feed into Carroll.

Demic was playing like a holding midfielder on Wednesday. Same again today please. Stop them getting the ball into the middle of the park. Noble is a decent footballer. If they start going long then drop Demi back in and don't play as high up. Downing has pace. Most important thing is patience, and make sure we keep possession, no silly mistakes.

proy said:
West ham will retreat like villa did, but they will get the ball forward far quicker. For all the talk about villa being a decent counter attacking team, I think west ham are better. Two things need to happen. Vinnie needs to get touch tight on big Andy. He can't turn or run onto the ball, he is a better player with his back to goal and links the play well. Vinnie needs to boss that.

Make sure the fullbacks are on the overlap. Stop their wingers getting forward. This is how they get their set pieces and crosses and feed into Carroll.

Demic was playing like a holding midfielder on Wednesday. Same again today please. Stop them getting the ball into the middle of the park. Noble is a decent footballer. If they start going long then drop Demi back in and play as high up. Downing has pace. Most important thing is patience, and make sure we keep possession, no silly mistakes.

West Ham have no where near the amount of pace Villa do. If we play to our capabilities today we'll be Champions, still doesn't stop me being absolutely shit scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.