West Ham Pre-Match Thread... Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chippy_boy said:
proy said:
Same type of game to villa, apart from west ham will get the ball forward quicker. Use the big strikers as the target. Long ball and counter. We will need to be patient again.

They will be more of a threat than villa.

We need to be more cautious than we were against Villa. The one on one against Zabba at the end of the first half was scary and we must not, we need not, risk that. Composure, concentration, control, and patience. A nil-nil bore fest will do just fine, although we should win comfortably if we just keep our cool.

I think I turned scouse at that point. All the people around me were urging us on and I'm saying "calm down, calm down". Considering it was a must not lose game rather than must win, we were quite badly exposed at times. And don't get me going on those back passes when the ball was sticking in the water

Start with the same team as last night - Hard decision but keep Sergio on the bench for later

My other thought is swap Garcia for Jovetic and have Milner play the Garcia role if he can

@BluePhil8 said:
Difficult decisions but my first eleven would be as follows;

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Demichellis
Kolarov
Yaya
Garcia
Silva
Nasri
Dzeko
Agüero

With Garcia, him and Kolarov were excellent at winning headers against Villa yesterday and West Ham are an arial team.

If we go up a few bring on Fernandinho for an attacker just to see the game out.

Agree 100%

West Ham can really only score on set pieces. We aren't that great defending set pieces so we need all the help we can get. Dzeko does a great job defending corners. Garcia for Dinho for the same reason. Kolorov bigger and stronger than CLichy, plus provides width on the left and we know they are gonna park the bus. If Aguero isn't fit then I would go for Jovetic but expect Milner would probably get the nod.

BlueMoonofKY said:
Is Fernandinho carrying a knock? I know Javi has been playing well as of late, but Fernandinho has been one of our best players this year.
Mullock ‏@MullockSMirror · 7h
Spoke to Fernandinho last night and he said he's been carrying a knock. Explains his recent absence in Man City's starting line-up

Dzeko and Jovetic to start (Edin deserves it and Jovetic will score), Aguero on the bench just in case of second-half problems, Richards and Lescott to come on for sentimental reasons late in the game when it's won.

cant understand why garcia is starting before fernandinho when we have to win games , although garcia has improved he offers nothing going forward ,if dinho has a knock , the we have to take the risk on sunday to wrap the game up before halftime. Aguero on the bench and to come on to score the last goal of the season ,hes good at that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.