West Ham Pre-Match Thread... Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammyblues said:
Clichy and Kolorov have been the most rotated players in our squad, and I suspect if we sign someone like Sagna for next season at right back Pellergrini would rotate them just as much. It means both players remain fit, both are treated equally which enables both to show their qualities. Pellegrini should be applauded for his man management skills because at the end of last season Kolorov was being booed by a certain section of our fans and on his way out the door. Not bothered who plays to be honest both have weaknesses as well as strengths. In terms of the game I just want city to win without any sort of high drama so that my knuckles will be intact come five o clock.

I was just thinking exactly the same about Pellegrini's rotation of the left-backs. It would be nice if this was possible at other positions as well, most notably the strikers. Unfortunately, since strikers are judged so much on goals, if one or two are scoring, the others don't get much of a look-in. As much as any manager would love to play Aguero in every game, his absences this season have shown that the others can fill in for him pretty well. I'd love to see our strikers routinely rotated just like Kolarov and Clichy - as you correctly pointed out, it would give us a better chance of keeping them all fit, and if they're all treated equally, no one gets in a huff when they're left out, because it doesn't mean the manager's lost faith in them, and they know they'll be back in for the next game.

Nolan will be busting a gut as he's a Liverpolol fan. I expect Stewart Downing will be as well, due to playing for Liverpool. As for Andy Carroll, I've know doubt he'll want to do as much as he can for Liverpool as well.

Not tempting fate, but that's at least 3 West Ham players who will make an effort on Sunday. Let's hope the other 8 can't be bothered.

Champions2012! said:
Wasn't the aggregate win this season over them in the league cup like 9-0?

It was but they were missing a lot of players due to injury at the time.Also they could be fired up because of that,professional pride and all that.

Icome in peace. Just a few thoughts. I don't know any city fans as I live in Liverpool, it looks like you have the league sown up. Only some sort of dramatic capitulation can rob you of it now...But it has just happened to us twice. Somehow we are still in with a shout.Newcastle should in all honesty be a formality as their form is poor, where as the hammers have just beat sixth place spurs. it was appalling watching the chelsea match, me and five mates were in a pub outside the ground, and the feeling was absolute devastation. Now do you believe in karma, because we lost the league in 89 to a stupid defend all day attitude towards the gunners. So we lost it in the last second. On the other hand you lot done the opposite two years ago, I was very happy to see, over the blue moon as you all know we only hate united. So what will happen, I can't say, just trying to tempt fate. Anyway, it's been the best season ever now Man U are gone and we can all have a drink on moyes. Let the best team win. It's been a real roller coaster ride. I know everyone hates us now since utd have faltered, but we haven't won much for years now that's why our fans have made such a big deal and noise this year, we are so so excited. And the media have turned their attention to us because utd have stumbled, it's all about pandering to teams with most fans so they get most views. I'm hoping to be champions by Sunday night and have our first big celebration for 9 years. Also I remember west ham beat Man U in 96 on final day so Blackburn won it for the first time.. Fate don't u just hate it

Robbyr said:
Icome in peace. Just a few thoughts. I don't know any city fans as I live in Liverpool, it looks like you have the league sown up. Only some sort of dramatic capitulation can rob you of it now...But it has just happened to us twice. Somehow we are still in with a shout.Newcastle should in all honesty be a formality as their form is poor, where as the hammers have just beat sixth place spurs. it was appalling watching the chelsea match, me and five mates were in a pub outside the ground, and the feeling was absolute devastation. Now do you believe in karma, because we lost the league in 89 to a stupid defend all day attitude towards the gunners. So we lost it in the last second. On the other hand you lot done the opposite two years ago, I was very happy to see, over the blue moon as you all know we only hate united. So what will happen, I can't say, just trying to tempt fate. Anyway, it's been the best season ever now ferries gone and we can all have a drink on moves. Let the best team win. It's been a real roller coaster ride. I know everyone hates us now since ute have faltered, but we haven't won much for years now that's why our fans have made such a big deal and noise this year, we are so so excited.
It's weird isn't it? You went top on Monday night yet must have been devastated. You're going to finish well in the top four for the first time in 5 seasons (and it's not impossible you could yet win it) yet you're disappointed. If you'd caught us up to be 2 points behind with one game left, you'd have been over the moon. If the Chelsea & Palace games had been before a 14 game unbeaten run then you'd be absolutely thrilled. You've played done great football yet the last two games must have raised some question marks about whether Rodgers' can adapt your style and take you forward.

You've really had an excellent season when you stand back and look at it objectively but it must feel like a bit of a disaster in some ways.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Robbyr said:
Icome in peace. Just a few thoughts. I don't know any city fans as I live in Liverpool, it looks like you have the league sown up. Only some sort of dramatic capitulation can rob you of it now...But it has just happened to us twice. Somehow we are still in with a shout.Newcastle should in all honesty be a formality as their form is poor, where as the hammers have just beat sixth place spurs. it was appalling watching the chelsea match, me and five mates were in a pub outside the ground, and the feeling was absolute devastation. Now do you believe in karma, because we lost the league in 89 to a stupid defend all day attitude towards the gunners. So we lost it in the last second. On the other hand you lot done the opposite two years ago, I was very happy to see, over the blue moon as you all know we only hate united. So what will happen, I can't say, just trying to tempt fate. Anyway, it's been the best season ever now ferries gone and we can all have a drink on moves. Let the best team win. It's been a real roller coaster ride. I know everyone hates us now since ute have faltered, but we haven't won much for years now that's why our fans have made such a big deal and noise this year, we are so so excited.
It's weird isn't it? You went top on Monday night yet must have been devastated. You're going to finish well in the top four for the first time in 5 seasons (and it's not impossible you could yet win it) yet you're disappointed. If you'd caught us up to be 2 points behind with one game left, you'd have been over the moon. If the Chelsea & Palace games had been before a 14 game unbeaten run then you'd be absolutely thrilled. You've played done great football yet the last two games must have raised some question marks about whether Rodgers' can adapt your style and take you forward.

You've really had an excellent season when you stand back and look at it objectively but it must feel like a bit of a disaster in some ways.

hopefully

Robbyr said:
Far from sown up. We have to get a point at least, and best way to get that is to play to win.

No guarantees in football. Something unexpected could happen at any moment and suddenly the pressure is on. But I would expect to win, and City have experienced players who have been here before.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Robbyr said:

it was always a false position we were in, this is the only thing that arrogant get borino got right. Don't really mind if city win title over us, instead of chelsea or manure. After chelsea capitulation we only really had one chance, now Everton hate us more than Manu now, we it was a nap they would lose even though Barkley put on a show, the second half defending was almost like they gave up on purpose, that's what we have got to get past to win anything, been on west ham and villa forum and everybody wants us to lose league, it's mass hate. We,ll end up like mill wall fans. Anyway I always think it's great when teams who have been unsuccessful for many years tip the balance, it still amazes me that the Geordies have so many fans, would love to see them win something. My dad was born there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.