West Ham Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bondsman said:
I think we will draw and then pellergrini will have to go. We were abject second half against Utd. What's going to change with pellers in charge? Fat Sam would take a draw and they can set up for one easily. Draw no good to us though and you know on Sunday the crowd will be tense before kick off and first mistakes by players will mean everyone gets nervy.

Get used to Pellers being here till the end of the season. If the board were to act, they would have done it by now.

We were all worried about this one last year in the final game and ended up comfortable winners. We have always been comfortable in games like this at home where the team is relatively mid table and have nothing much to play for. I fully expect us to win because no matter how much the players may not seemingly care in the cause, they simply must know that they cannot lose or draw here.

The teams that have done well against us at our place have had quick counter attacking styles of play and caught us on the break. West Ham don't have that and their main dangers are in the air which I think we should be able to deal with okay. Despite some comments on here, we played very well for 20 minutes last week so that is a positive. This team is not spent because it was challenging for the title a couple of months ago, it is the same team but at the minute clearly it is playing badly.

I'm going to go against what is on here, I think we will win very comfortably, West Ham have absolutely nothing to play for and are very much safe. They were a tough team at their place but that was early on when they were challenging for the top 6. At the moment they have won 1 game since January! We should be able to turn them over surely. I think the Villa game is going to be much more difficult than this one as Villa are fighting and have a lot more in their team that can hurt us.

inbetween said:
We were all worried about this one last year in the final game and ended up comfortable winners. We have always been comfortable in games like this at home where the team is relatively mid table and have nothing much to play for. I fully expect us to win because no matter how much the players may not seemingly care in the cause, they simply must know that they cannot lose or draw here.

The teams that have done well against us at our place have had quick counter attacking styles of play and caught us on the break. West Ham don't have that and their main dangers are in the air which I think we should be able to deal with okay. Despite some comments on here, we played very well for 20 minutes last week so that is a positive. This team is not spent because it was challenging for the title a couple of months ago, it is the same team but at the minute clearly it is playing badly.

I'm going to go against what is on here, I think we will win very comfortably, West Ham have absolutely nothing to play for and are very much safe. They were a tough team at their place but that was early on when they were challenging for the top 6. At the moment they have won 1 game since January! We should be able to turn them over surely. I think the Villa game is going to be much more difficult than this one as Villa are fighting and have a lot more in their team that can hurt us.

You don't seem that convinced :)

mosssideblue said:
inbetween said:

It is city after all ;) no just saying we should be able to do it, no reason why not, I have said that a few too many times this year...

inbetween said:
mosssideblue said:
inbetween said:

It is city after all ;) no just saying we should be able to do it, no reason why not, I have said that a few too many times this year...

Your not alone

hkbluey said:
Any one remember the time City played West Ham at Maine Rd sometime in the 80? They brought a crew of about 500 who sat in the maine stand near the North Stand. After the game the police had them penned in a street behind the North Stand with horses at either end. One of the few times GMP did a decent job.
They didn't have them all penned in as there were quite a few on Lloyd St hitting city fans as they walked past , only way to recognise them was the England badges they all seemed to be wearing

hkbluey said:
Any one remember the time City played West Ham at Maine Rd sometime in the 80? They brought a crew of about 500 who sat in the maine stand near the North Stand. After the game the police had them penned in a street behind the North Stand with horses at either end. One of the few times GMP did a decent job.
Was this a night game around 1984 in the cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.