West Ham United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I know it's early in the season but that is three big points. West Ham are going to cause a lot of teams problems at their place. Two tricky away fixtures out of the way and maximum points. Nice.
A strange game at times. West Ham started like a whirlwind. We settled down and totally controlled the game. Scored twice and could easily have scored four more. They scored a pretty flukey own goal.
The second half we rode our luck a bit. Thankfully the big man finished them off. A shout out to Nunez for a great reverse through ball.
Bizarrely in injury time a couple of really sloppy passes almost let them in again , a great save from Eddie.
All in all a great start to the season. Don't forget we had the most players away at the Euros and still have key players injured. Promising.

We are all truly blessed watching this Manchester City team and manager.
They will be talking about this period of time forever, Forget a Golden Era, it's now in our DNA and printed in stone.

Say what you like about it.
We are cheaters with 115 FFP charges, We are ruining football, Everybody else is so anti-Manchester City,

But Boy They can never say Manchester City fans don't deserve this, It is a Gift from the footballing Gods and
Sheikh Mansour the patron saint of MANCHESTER

Sometimes I think I've watched a different match to others.
We've just won convincingly away at West Ham and yet people are still picking holes.
Positives please. Was there anybody out there tonight who really did play badly I don't think so!
I don't know what people would say if we lost tonight.
It's not picking holes to admit that West Ham gave us a game today. They threw everything they had at us, & posed a danger from the first to last minute. There's no shame in admitting that.

I think many teams will get a stiffing at the Olympic Stadium this season, if the Hammers carry on like today.

We are all truly blessed watching this Manchester City team and manager.
They will be talking about this period of time forever, Forget a Golden Era, it's now in our DNA and printed in stone.

Say what you like about it.
We are cheaters with 115 FFP charges, We are ruining football, Everybody else is so anti-Manchester City,

But Boy They can never say Manchester City fans don't deserve this, It is a Gift from the footballing Gods and
Sheikh Mansour the patron saint of MANCHESTER
Agreed 100% mate!

A very good win. West Ham gave us some scares, not least, when they hit the post.

However, we were excellent from Ederson to Erling, and fully deserved the victory. Three outstanding, and very different goals, from a lad, who makes the job of putting the ball in the net look much easier than it is. The placement of the first; the power of the second and the delicate chip of the third showed that Erling really is the complete package as a goal scorer.

Aside from the big man, I thought Kevin was MotM, with Jack and Rico not far behind. Grealish, in the first half an hour, looked back to his best and terrified wank-rag-reject.

Rico continued his development, with another masterful display. He really is fulfilling the potential we saw in that first Champions League appearance. He just needs to improve his composure and shooting, when presented with a chance in the box.

Joško added further proof that he was a bargain and that he has fully come to terms with Pep’s system.

Bernardo was his usual, all-action self, and once again, moved seamlessly from deep-lying midfielder to right-winger, and provided an assist for Erling, while playing in the former rôle.

All-in-all, an excellent performance from the whole team, and it gave notice, if they want to take the League away from us, they have a fight on their hands.

Not sure what the problem is, he looks hesitant and just doesn't seem confident in front of goal. He seems to think about it too long, then the opportunity's gone.

He's a good player and looks dangerous when he runs with the ball, he just needs to do it more often.
He’s been around a good few seasons, not sure he’ll ever bag a few goals…….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.