West Ham United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

After the opening couple of minutes, the next 16 or so were just ridiculous. Had we been 4-0 up by the 19th minute, even the most ardent Hammer could have had no complaint. It was almost a mirror to the opening against Ipswich Town as well, and if it continues in this fashion, then sooner or later someone is going to take a proper hiding. I would not be at all surprised if the record win record falls this season.

Let's hope. Especially other London teams that wear red; Salford team that wears red and round it off nicely against a victim team that wears red....

I like West Ham apart from 2ce a season. Dangerous on the break, just need some better finishers.
I was thinking that throughout the match, & was also thinking I would jinx us for thinking it too! :-)

West Ham were pleasingly good. Loppy-whatever has the makings of a good team there, especially with Kudus, Bowen & Paqueta.

A very good win. West Ham gave us some scares, not least, when they hit the post.

However, we were excellent from Ederson to Erling, and fully deserved the victory. Three outstanding, and very different goals, from a lad, who makes the job of putting the ball in the net look much easier than it is. The placement of the first; the power of the second and the delicate chip of the third showed that Erling really is the complete package as a goal scorer.

Aside from the big man, I thought Kevin was MotM, with Jack and Rico not far behind. Grealish, in the first half an hour, looked back to his best and terrified wank-rag-reject.

Rico continued his development, with another masterful display. He really is fulfilling the potential we saw in that first Champions League appearance. He just needs to improve his composure and shooting, when presented with a chance in the box.

Joško added further proof that he was a bargain and that he has fully come to terms with Pep’s system.

Bernardo was his usual, all-action self, and once again, moved seamlessly from deep-lying midfielder to right-winger, and provided an assist for Erling, while playing in the former rôle.

All-in-all, an excellent performance from the whole team, and it gave notice, if they want to take the League away from us, they have a fight on their hands.
Don't like Gvardiol at LB. He's not very good at it and he's wasted there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.