West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

I said we needed subs. You said they didn’t work the other day. That’s implying they wouldn’t have worked today. Not hard fella. Keep up.
You said “we needed Foden”. Grealish and Jesus were our biggest threats in the second half, taking them off would have been daft and Foden has almost never played as a RW for us. If we were crying out for anyone as you suggest, it was Dias and Walker. Sadly they weren’t available.

Absolutely, terrible game management from Pep today. Players looked fucked all game and had little left in the tank at the end, so yes Foden and Sterling and a good case for Gundogan to come on and freshen it up never materialised. Only Pep knows the reasoning behind it though
Yeah…. Kev looked fooked or is possibly carrying a knock, knowing what happened after he came off in the CL was probably what kept him on, Bernie looked fresh but on the periphery, Jack was going well, which just left Mahrez

Some serious bollocks shown there by the boys. I'd have taken 4 points from the games against Wolves and West Ham. Could have been better but could have been an awful lot worse. Feared the worst after that 1st half but we were unlucky not to win. It's in our hands now and that's all we can ask.
Yep and with all the injuries and severe tests we’ve faced it’s a tremendous effort to be playing the last game at home, to a bottom half team, to win the best and most difficult League in the world.

It’s not just an achievement it’s a minor fucking miracle.

When are we going to have a serious discussion about Ederson?
He was dreadful today and spread panic through an already nervy back four with his senseless rushes of blood out of his area. As a shot stopper he is bang average. His passing is superlative, almost unrivalled, but he should be looking to get better in several other areas.

Who do you replace him with?
Maybe he just needs to be taught that there is an alternative at big moments to putting your faith going to the keepers left every time
The Balotelli way tricking the keeper to commit one way or straight down the middle
All pen takers should have those options in their locker ready for the right moment
Today was another one

I'm still a bit gutted we didn't get the win as it would've been a quality comeback, but beat Villa at home and the title is ours again.

Mahrez didn't have a good game at all (not many did) but he was obviously going to take the penalty, he's scored big penalties before against Dortmund, Arsenal away this season and in stoppage time against Spurs to name a few. Sadly shit happens and sadly all of our other players are poor at taking a penalty but fuck it, this is City it was never going to be straightforward! CTID

A month or six weeks ago, being honest, I thought we would drop more than 2 points in the league and would lose it.
I firmly believe we will beat Villa now though and see this through.

If we do, I think this will be one of our best achievements yet, given the obvious deficiencies of our squad. To win it this season without a striker again and with so many injuries and an ageing Fern as our utility go to man, would be remarkable.

But we have to learn and see that there is so many areas we need to improve on.
Haaland will be huge (sic). I think he will occupy defences so much that he won’t just score for us, but will open up space for Hack and Phil and Bernie or whoever will be up front with him.
Personally, I’d like to see Kev play further forward, closer to him, as I think he would score for fun.
We need another midfielder to cover the hole Fern and Gundogan are going to leave.

And we have to cut down on letting in soft goals. Our stats are remarkable and yet when you look at the type of goals we concede when we do concede, we usually have contributed to our own downfall.
Hopefully Walker has a few years in him without slowing down, but overall we need more speed in our defence and midfield.

The future is bright. The future is blue. Just get this summer right.
And hopefully blood a couple more youngsters.
Agree with all this. I was thinking the other day that this squad is not as strong as we had in 2017/18 or even 2012 to 2014 but Pep gets 20 per cent more out of each player. He drives them over the line again and again. If Pep was managing any of the current other teams in the top four and possibly Spurs I reckon they would probably win the title. We do have some big flaws but Pep always finds a way. It was bizarre he used no subs today but we will find out next Sunday if he was right to do so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.