West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

Mahrez scored a few penalties under pressure so can see why he took it.

2-0 down and out, title in dippers hand at HT 2-2 at full time I'd have snatched it all day long.
I don’t contest that, but I still maintain you don’t give *this* penalty to the player that remembers they missed their last very big penalty. It’s too much of a psychological distraction. I have been there, I know it plays a part, even at that level. Many formers pros have spoken about that pressure and how it impacts your performance.

The penalty should have been given to Kev.

@Quagmire blue notice I am having a civil debate rather than calling other posters a “clown”. Cut out the insults and discuss like an adult.

Did well to fight back from two down but fuck does that penalty feel like a significant moment in the season. Really didn't want to go into the last game of the season needing a win.
Makes no difference.
We are not a team that could play for a draw anyway and watching some of the comedy at the back there it's not hard to see why.
All out attack it is.

We did well to salvage something today.
West Ham's game plan was good - it's hardly the first time teams have sat back and got us on the break. If you can take your chances, you can beat City this way.

I don't know if Sterling or Foden would have made a difference - we'll never know. West Ham were sat so deep, there was very little room behind them, so we had to play through them which was difficult.

Oh it’s all so easy isn’t it? We should have had it wrapped up after game 31 after all we have been gifted 31 opportunities to win the 93 points we need

Mahrez missed an absolute sitter to take 3 points against Liverpool and all but seal the league.

He missed another sitter to all but seal the league.

There’s huge pressure going into next week because of one players incompetence in front of goal.

Great fight back but there will be more nerves next week than should have been. I knew they couldn’t be as bad second half and credit for that. Still in charge m, but by fuck, talk about making it harder than need be? Phew.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.