• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------------Ederson-----------------
Walker-----Dias-----Laporte-----Gomez
--------------K.Philips----Bernie--------------
Mahrez------------KDB---------------Foden
-----------------------Alvarez--------------------

Need to give rest to few players who have played a lot recentlt and look gassed. The above team should be able to beat West Ham at home. I will go with 2-1 win for us.
Haaland up front, Julian in KDB's role since Kevin is supposedly not fit for this one. Haaland is 22, and doesn't need a rest, IMO. If anything, he needs a confidence boost (for his unreal standards) against a poor West Ham side and another hattrick or two before Madrid.

Used the fewest substitutions last year and it looks as if we are prepared to use the fewest this year as well. Nine on the bench today, including two goalkeepers, but if Guardiola doesn’t trust 5 outfield players to come off the bench at Fulham, I doubt he’ll be starting them midweek in the circumstances.

They’ll be looking to get at our left if we play Gomez/Laporte there, so presumably Akanji again, but that will mean Walker on the right again, who’s been racking up the minutes in recent days and looked a little leggy late on today.

Used the fewest substitutions last year and it looks as if we are prepared to use the fewest this year as well. Nine on the bench today, including two goalkeepers, but if Guardiola doesn’t trust 5 outfield players to come off the bench at Fulham, I doubt he’ll be starting them midweek in the circumstances.

They’ll be looking to get at our left if we play Gomez/Laporte there, so presumably Akanji again, but that will mean Walker on the right again, who’s been racking up the minutes in recent days and looked a little leggy late on today.
Surely Laporte is a world-class, established player and would be West Ham's best player? I would trust him against Real Madrid, never mind West Ham.

Surely Laporte is a world-class, established player and would be West Ham's best player? I would trust him against Real Madrid, never mind West Ham.
He might get a game in the middle but I just can’t see him being asked to play wide left. They’ll try to get Antonio and Bowen operating in that area.

We need to win this.

I'd rest Gundogan and Grealish and bring back Kev.
We looked tired in the 2nd half today so I'd keep Alvarez in and bring in Bernie and Phil and that gives us renewed energy and pace.

...................Ederson...................
Walker... Stones....Dias....Akanji
............Rodri..... Bernardo..........
Foden............KDB.........Alvarez
...................Haaland...................

I'd guess at something like this

Ederson
Walker Stones dias Laporte
Rodri Bernardo
Mahrez KDB if fit or Alvarez Foden
Haaland.

Reactions: dom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.