West Ham v CITY - Official Match Thread.

Halfpenny said:
Fantastic performance and the win richly deserved. Yaya Toure definitely man of the match, Silva a close second. Both were a class above today. Shame we couldn't keep the clean sheet but it's no big deal.

Think Mancini did right by Balotelli by taking him off, could've been sent off again if he stayed on the pitch, was getting a bit heated. Shame him walking down the tunnel will be what the papers focus on tomorrow, not that it really matters.

Totally agree we deserved that! I may be biased but IMO the refs appear tougher on MC than the opposition. Manchini was right to replace Mario but he was bounced around and received no protection from the ref. City players were booked for identical tackles to WH. I am concerned that De Jong tacle versus Newcastle may be driving the outcome. Interested to hear if others feel like me!!

Not sure about the De Jong tackle driving the refs but Mario is pre judged and gets about 1 out of 3 free kicks. We want to send the video clips to the refs of the number of times he is fouled and the refs just wave at him. He was the most fouled player last week in the prem league with only about 33% of the fouls against him given yet no Bolton player was booked.

De Jong’s booking today was a joke he clearly won the ball as did Kolarov last week.

I hope Mario sticks at it and learns to take it all better he could be the next great player and takes us to the next level

They all hate us Jealous !!! but I would rather that then being told we like City fans !!!<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:33 pm --<br /><br />
bigcol said:
As a trivia question. When were we last top of the league this far in to the season?

1929 at this stage of the season but we arent top !! just Poised and waiting

or 1978 later on

Ah. This thread takes me back to a more innocent time...

We'd just gone level on points with Arsenal at the top. Everything seemed right with the world...

Those were the hours!

Typical.

Anyway JFTR, what a performance by our "midfield" of de Jong, Barry, Yaya and Silva. They were immense.

Yaya stole the show though. Great goals.

The only blot was Balotelli's tantrums. He really needs to sort that out quickly...

At least we'll have Tevez back next week firing on all cyl.... Oh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.