West Ham v City post match thread

Sky Blue said:
Young Blue said:
pee dubya said:
I'm pretty sure I heard Alan Smith let out a big sigh when one menacing West Ham cross was cut out. I suppose being a gooner he was hoping we'd drop points, but a bit of professionalism, even Neville can manage that.

He's actually a city fan Smith he says so on the FIFA commentary, great win today though!

Yeah....Leicester City fan more like!
This

NoahCity said:
citizenfan said:
Great win and fully deserved. What is worrying for me is the number of offside goals the opposition seem to score, Hammers did it and we still one
however the Villa goal cost us the game.
so you are blaming management and players for officials not doing their job?
It's very risky to rely on officials doing their job. United got their goal against high line Soton with Rooney offside.

Great win for us. Really enjoyed the day. Ferny impressed.

citizenfan said:
Great win and fully deserved. What is worrying for me is the number of offside goals the opposition seem to score, Hammers did it and we still one
however the Villa goal cost us the game.
It was a very tight decision. I don't blame the linesman for missing that one. Not sure if I'd be so magnamimous if it had cost us points though!

Excellent well-deserved win, although I must admit I was fearing deja vu when it went 2-1 from another soft goal. None too soon though now it looks as though Chelsea are picking up as well. As I thought before the season, I still think it's between us and them for the title so I would take a draw from that one.

Fantastic assist from Fernandinho and the sort of thing I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that the major benefit he offers over Barry is that he can consistently pick out passes from deep. Wasn't necessarily thinking of direct assists but, hey, I'll take 'em. Beautiful goal. Negredo continues to impress and unlucky not to score as well. Most players had a good game though so I'm a happy chappy. The rags drawing at home was the cherry on top of a good day.

cleavers said:
Ric said:
I wasn't there today, but watching on TV I thought the ref was good. No complaints at all from me.
Gave us nothing, and everyone around where I was thought the same, there were 2 poor challenges from behind on Micah went unpunished, lots of other decisions went in their favour and few in ours, I thought we should also have had a penalty. I'm not bothered we won, just thought he was a homer. I haven't seen Silvas tackle again, but I guess some might have given him a red as his foot was airborne and it was very late.

He was consistent. He let the game flow and wasn't hogging the limelight. I only thought there should have been two bookings, Silva and Nolan. Both deserved.

manchester blue said:
cleavers said:
Ric said:
I wasn't there today, but watching on TV I thought the ref was good. No complaints at all from me.
Gave us nothing, and everyone around where I was thought the same, there were 2 poor challenges from behind on Micah went unpunished, lots of other decisions went in their favour and few in ours, I thought we should also have had a penalty. I'm not bothered we won, just thought he was a homer. I haven't seen Silvas tackle again, but I guess some might have given him a red as his foot was airborne and it was very late.

He was consistent. He let the game flow and wasn't hogging the limelight. I only thought there should have been two bookings, Silva and Nolan. Both deserved.

no quarms with the ref, all bookings were fair enough and didn't really notice him which is how it should be

SrilankanBlue said:
Anyone have a clue about these 5 quid tickets West ham were handing out and the resulting issues today? heard some murmurs

From what I can gather west ham gave 2000 tickets lewisham? Council at £5 who gave them to local residents but it appears many were Muslim and we're praying on the concourse at half time,the BNP section of the Trevor brooking stand took a bit of umbrage to that and also a section of them were cheering when city scored,the tickets were next to the away section

tonea2003 said:
manchester blue said:
cleavers said:

no quarms with the ref, all bookings were fair enough and didn't really notice him which is how it should be

I thought he was biased. Apart from blowing for a foul on Hart when Hart wasn't fouled, I can't think of any marginal decision that went our way. Every 50-50 challenge went to them, their goal was offside (perhaps twice). It was subtle and there weren't any outrageous howlers in there, but there was bias nevertheless, imho. Whether he meant to do it, or just doesn't like us much and he let that affect his objectivity, who knows.

ban-mcfc said:
aguero is this generations kinkladze.

sublime player. genuine world class.

Having seen every game Kinkladze played for us live I thimk your comparision is at best misguided

Sergio Aguero is light years ahead of Kinkladze

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.