West Ham Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
shadowyu said:
I think we will keep a clean sheet and will win comfortably. 3-0, I predict. Even Pellers now understands that in Premier League all opponents are pretty tough especially on their own grounds. We will prepare well and will win.
Contrary to what the media fanboys like to say, I don't think Pellers at any time was ever under the impression that 'some' Premier league opponents were very weak at home.

shadowyu said:
I think we will keep a clean sheet and will win comfortably. 3-0, I predict. Even Pellers now understands that in Premier League all opponents are pretty tough especially on their own grounds. We will prepare well and will win.

Difficult to prepare well when the players are scattered around the world.

Real test for us this. We need to improve our away record immediately, and this is exactly the type of game we need to do it in. West Ham will not shy away from a battle, but are definitely beatable.

I hope Demichelis is ready to go, we will need him. Negredo has to start for me too, maybe Rodwell in the middle as well if he is match fit. Real decision between Sergio and Jovetic though, would give former the nod for his premier experience. If fit, then they all go into the starting eleven for me.

Vital that one of the front two drops back when not in possession, and Milner & Rodwell must be aware of the counter too, if we can do that then we will create enough chances for the forwards to win it. Oh, and watch Nolan at all times.

Hart
Zaba, Demichelis, Nastasic, Kolarov
Milner, Rodwell, Yaya, Silva
Aguero, Negredo

Think there's a lot of panic about dropping points on here, but tbh I think there'll be more leeway to drop points this year than any other in a while. we have 1 from 9 away and we're only 3 points behind the leaders.

United won the league with 89 points last year, as we did the year before. But this year I don't think anyone will get near that. United, Chelsea and City have new managers and spurs have 10 new players. Arsenal maybe? But I don't know, I'll believe it when I see it.

I think the league could be one with something like 75-78 points this season. Maybe I'm wrong. But I really don't think we need to be counting the losses the way we would if say, fergie was still at Man U.

That said away form obviously needs to improve.. Starting with this game, which I think we must win.

West Ham Vs City Pub

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know I am a London based City fan since moving down here 3 years ago , I run a pub down in East Ham (next Tube from Upton Park) that has just re-opened. If people are after a few beers before the game they are welcome to come to my Pub, Its called The Ruskin Arms E12 6PH. It is neither a home or away pub to be honest, but we do decent food and will show the days football Newcastle v Liverpool lunchtime and 3 o clock results come in, if people fancy it before or after the game.

Carlsberg costs £3:15. So we aren't too bad in London!!

Hope to see you here.

Thanks
Jonny

Re: West Ham Vs City Pub

wishwehadthegoat said:
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know I am a London based City fan since moving down here 3 years ago , I run a pub down in East Ham (next Tube from Upton Park) that has just re-opened. If people are after a few beers before the game they are welcome to come to my Pub, Its called The Ruskin Arms E12 6PH. It is neither a home or away pub to be honest, but we do decent food and will show the days football Newcastle v Liverpool lunchtime and 3 o clock results come in, if people fancy it before or after the game.

Hope to see you here.

Thanks
Jonny

How much for a decent pint of beer/lager?

Carlton Cole returning to sink us

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whufc.com/articles/20131014/carlton-cole-returns_2236884_3494890" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whufc.com/articles/20131014/ ... 84_3494890</a>

Re: West Ham Vs City Pub

Kun Aguero said:
wishwehadthegoat said:
Hi Guys,

Hope to see you here.

Thanks
Jonny

Fair question:

We have Carlsberg £3:15, Fosters £3.25, Stella £3.40, Kronenbourg £3.35. London Pride is on Cask at £3.35 and normally have another Seasonal Ale which is around that price too. We have one called Red Fox which is at £3.00 per pint.

There is normally a few offers on too on pitchers of beer, bottled beers and Jagerbombs too.

We have a good group of locals who predominantly support West Ham but are open minded enough to realise people support other teams too. Its not immediately next to Upton Park so it doesnt get full of West Ham fans so you dont have to wait for 10 mins to get served.

I will be here til I head to the ground myself, just thought I would mention it. Not sure on the prices nearer ground to be honest.

Thanks
Jonny<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:31 pm --<br /><br />
wishwehadthegoat said:
Kun Aguero said:
wishwehadthegoat said:
Hi Guys,

Hope to see you here.

Thanks
Jonny

Sorry, John Smiths is £3.00 and Aspall Cider is £3.20.

Fair question:

We have Carlsberg £3:15, Fosters £3.25, Stella £3.40, Kronenbourg £3.35. London Pride is on Cask at £3.35 and normally have another Seasonal Ale which is around that price too. We have one called Red Fox which is at £3.00 per pint.

There is normally a few offers on too on pitchers of beer, bottled beers and Jagerbombs too.

We have a good group of locals who predominantly support West Ham but are open minded enough to realise people support other teams too. Its not immediately next to Upton Park so it doesnt get full of West Ham fans so you dont have to wait for 10 mins to get served.

I will be here til I head to the ground myself, just thought I would mention it. Not sure on the prices nearer ground to be honest.

Thanks
Jonny

daxman said:
shadowyu said:
Contrary to what the media fanboys like to say, I don't think Pellers at any time was ever under the impression that 'some' Premier league opponents were very weak at home.

I didn't use media's statements in order to come up with my conclusion. I used Pellegrini's own statements. For example, when he announced his lineup against Cardiff he said something like "This lineup wasn't chosen just because we are playing Cardiff. It was chosen based on best form among the players who are available". That statement implies that he thinks low of Cardiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.