We've been shit before. We'll be shit again. So what?

m27 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That advert actually fundamentally misses the point.

When people go fishing with a rod and line, invariably they do it for sport, for fun, for the challenge, for competition even.

Every angler knows they could just buy a huge net or a hand grenade and have every fish in the lake within a few minutes.

But they choose not to do it because that's not the point - it's all about the skill, the challenge over adversity, the finesse and the sheer fun.

There's an allegory in here somewhere.

What kind of brainless knob wants to tag along with some brash, soulless bandwagon where the grim collection of endless trophies leaves you ultimately numb? Where the real fans feel so disillusioned from thir club the?y start their own? Where the ground is filled with mindless sheep and kiddies who really don't care?

Having your fish delivered on your lap while you sit, bored, waiting for the next one must be fucking shit.

Superb Dave.

As a Salford Blue who actually broke rank from his red family and chose his football team rather than vice versa.....this is spot on.

What makes it great though is that my Dad (match going red, on their books in the 50/60s) has had a season ticket at City for some time now and hates them as much as me.

Normally, I'd say you never change clubs. Sometimes though, it's just right to do so.
great work swinton!!

To most rags their successes have been nothing more than an ephemeral 4 minute, superficial high - like a quick spliff , a chocolate digestive or a 5 knuckle shuffle watching a "Girls Aloud" vid - instant pleasure in small doses, soon forgotten as they get distracted by the next fad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.