We've Got Away With It This Weekend

Without stating the obvious we must BEAT Wigan. Wouldn't even take a draw. Look at their home form thus far. Both Chelsea and Blackpool have smashed them, and they got a late equaliser against a Sunderland side who had 10 men for the majority of the game.

We need to turn these draws into wins. Look at Villa, as much as everyone goes on about them being in freefall, they're a point above us despite losing two games.

Mark Hughes found to his cost last season that draws are pretty useless.

Tarlos Kevez said:
Without stating the obvious we must BEAT Wigan. Wouldn't even take a draw. Look at their home form thus far. Both Chelsea and Blackpool have smashed them, and they got a late equaliser against a Sunderland side who had 10 men for the majority of the game.

We need to turn these draws into wins. Look at Villa, as much as everyone goes on about them being in freefall, they're a point above us despite losing two games.

Mark Hughes found to his cost last season that draws are pretty useless.
Indeed. If we fail to beat Wigan, questions will start to be asked. If Blackpool (albeit an adrenalin fuelled performance), and Chelsea (who we have to be thinking we have a squad on a par with, if not better), can win there, we must win and anything else is unacceptable

Chelsea pulled all of their main players out of international matches as injured, but a few days later, miracle happened!, they all came back to play in the league fresh and won again!

TTTCITYBHOY said:
jrb,with due respect mate..last games,spuds get humped by wigan,so do we by mackems.
the last game,spuds draw,so do we,and the rags.
we should be up about 3rd just now,after the dippers match,i thought here we go.
it never happened,yes we should shag wigan,
yes,we should have shagged blackburn.

CTID

Look at it this way, our battle is with spurs mainly this season.

They lost at home to wigan. A game they expect 3 points from. They drew away at WBA, a game they expect 3 points from. They dropped 5 points.

We lost away at sunderland, a game we were (realistically, looking at their home form) expecting 1 point from. We drew at home against Blackburn, a game we were expecting 3 points from. We dropped 3 points.

We also took 2 points away from spurs, gaining a point ourselves, on the opening day of the season. I was expecting a point from the liverpool match, and we got 3.

Am I allowed to be positive? I'm pretty sure my positivity is based on something, unlike the pointless negativity on display 99% of the time on this forum.

(not exactly sure why I quoted your post TTTCITYBHOY, but it just felt like a post to build my points on...)

Anyway, let's wait until we have a decent strength team out in a month or two. :)

CTID Chris said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:
jrb,with due respect mate..last games,spuds get humped by wigan,so do we by mackems.
the last game,spuds draw,so do we,and the rags.
we should be up about 3rd just now,after the dippers match,i thought here we go.
it never happened,yes we should shag wigan,
yes,we should have shagged blackburn.

CTID

They lost at home to wigan. A game they expect 3 points from. They drew away at WBA, a game they expect 3 points from. They dropped 5 points.

We lost away at sunderland, a game we were (realistically, looking at their home form) expecting 1 point from. We drew at home against Blackburn, a game we were expecting 3 points from. We dropped 3 points.

We also took 2 points away from spurs, gaining a point ourselves, on the opening day of the season. I was expecting a point from the liverpool match, and we got 3.

Am I allowed to be positive? I'm pretty sure my positivity is based on something, unlike the pointless negativity on display 99% of the time on this forum.
Positivity would be to expect 3 points from a Liverpool side which is now, in my opinion, a 7-10th place side. Chelsea is a different matter, I would be happy with a point there but also expect us to go all out for all 3. We should be winning our home games, all of them.

Pigeonho said:
CTID Chris said:

Positivity would be to expect 3 points from a Liverpool side which is now, in my opinion, a 7-10th place side. Chelsea is a different matter, I would be happy with a point there but also expect us to go all out for all 3. We should be winning our home games, all of them.

Just like spurs do?

I think your expectations are a bit too high for so early in the season. Give it a couple months, and we will be good enough to win all our games.

CTID Chris said:
Pigeonho said:

Just like spurs do?

I think your expectations are a bit too high for so early in the season. Give it a couple months, and we will be good enough to win all our games.
Spurs haven't spent £100m+ in each of the last 2 main windows. Yes they've spent, but not like us. Our squad, not just starting 11, but squad as a whole, should be capable of winning all of the home games, with perhaps 2 draws v united and chelsea being acceptable along the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.