We've Got Away With It This Weekend

Pigeonho said:
CTID Chris said:
Just like spurs do?

I think your expectations are a bit too high for so early in the season. Give it a couple months, and we will be good enough to win all our games.
Spurs haven't spent £100m+ in each of the last 2 main windows. Yes they've spent, but not like us. Our squad, not just starting 11, but squad as a whole, should be capable of winning all of the home games, with perhaps 2 draws v united and chelsea being acceptable along the way.

just cause we 100m+ last couple of windows does not guarantee a winning team straight away we could spend 2 billion and teams will still beat us or we miss our chances thats football

waspish said:
Pigeonho said:
Spurs haven't spent £100m+ in each of the last 2 main windows. Yes they've spent, but not like us. Our squad, not just starting 11, but squad as a whole, should be capable of winning all of the home games, with perhaps 2 draws v united and chelsea being acceptable along the way.

just cause we 100m+ last couple of windows does not guarantee a winning team straight away we could spend 2 billion and teams will still beat us or we miss our chances thats football
Of course thats football, us hammering Chelsea away last season proved that, but what i'm saying is we should be beating the majority of teams who come to coms, what with the talent available to our manager at present. How many other teams can lose a Balotelli and still have a choice of an Ade, a Tevez or an (arf arf!), RSC? How many managers can lose a Kolorov and bring in a Lescott, lose a Boateng and bring in a Richards..... We have a massive wealth of talent at our disposal, therefore bar not beating perhaps Chelsea or United, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility we should be beating everyone else. I knwo what you mean about 'thats football' though.

Pigeonho said:
CTID Chris said:
Just like spurs do?

I think your expectations are a bit too high for so early in the season. Give it a couple months, and we will be good enough to win all our games.

We only have 2 new signings playing at the moment, which isn't a real improvement on the team that finished 5th last season considering the injuries we have, gelling and match fitness the players need to get.

We've lost a couple of good squad players (sold, loans, injuries).

I might accept your view when Silva, boateng and kolarov are match fit.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:50 am --<br /><br />
Pigeonho said:
waspish said:
Of course thats football, us hammering Chelsea away last season proved that, but what i'm saying is we should be beating the majority of teams who come to coms, what with the talent available to our manager at present. How many other teams can lose a Balotelli and still have a choice of an Ade, a Tevez or an (arf arf!), RSC? How many managers can lose a Kolorov and bring in a Lescott, lose a Boateng and bring in a Richards..... We have a massive wealth of talent at our disposal, therefore bar not beating perhaps Chelsea or United, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility we should be beating everyone else. I knwo what you mean about 'thats football' though.

Ballotelli is injured: Ade is injured; Tevez is out of form; RSC is... RSC; Jo is... well, Jo.

Lescott isn't a natural left back, the real second choice left back (bridge) is also injured.

Richards isn't a real footballer, and he isn't even an athlete as he is knackered every game after 65 minutes.

We don't yet have this incredible squad that everyone seems to think we have.

Pigeonho said:
waspish said:

Its a shame we had one of "Those Games" (where we had 20 odd chances we made cock up and they scored) after getting beat by Sunderland

waspish said:
Pigeonho said:

Should be though.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.