We've got enough....

The only position we have exposure in is the cover for Ferny, we just need to identify a suitable option or maybe juggle the pack.

For me the worst case if Ferny was out would be to drop KDB back

Walker-------Stones------Otto---------Mendy
------------------------KDB-----------------------
-----------Bernardo----------Silva--------------
Mahrez--------------------------------------Sane
----------------Aguero / Jesus------------------

Or maybe 3 at the back with Stones pushing on.
--------Walker------Otto------Laporte--------
----------------------Stones----------------------
-------Bernardo------KDB--------Silva----------
Mahrez--------------------------------------Sane
----------------Aguero / Jesus------------------
So you writing Sterling off then? Mahrez will no doubt be a threat to Raheem's place, Bernardo too, but I think Mahrez will deputise as a striker, especially when Aguero and Jesus aren't available to play.

That was the difference.

We played like shite at Anfield but plenty of teams have done the same in that competition only to nick a goal or even two & turn the tie on its head.

We effectively did that but got screwed. But it is likely to happen again.

If we want to win it, we have to play at our best. We fucked up v Monaco & we fucked up v Liverpool. No amount of Jorginhos will fix that, the whole team needs to play better.

Otherwise the refs will have us.
Agreed in that 25 min spell against the Dippers in the 1st half the whole defence/midfield capitulated especially Otamendi

Against the intense press we panicked and gave the ball away especially Gundo

If we want to progress in the CL we need to improve

We need to learn from our last 2 titles - defending it is difficult. We will confront many a parked bus, a few Uber presses, some diabolical refereeing and we need another DM IF we can find one who’s up to it. It’ll be a long hard, demanding season fighting on 4 fronts. We need to give Pep the best squad we can whilst he is here

If we don't sign an alternative to Jorginho we will not be as strong as Pep had hoped that's for sure, which is not to say we can't win the title again of course

Sure. Can’t be complacent though. We’ve just seen a WC where the teams most like us got shown Early Doors. Got a feeling we will need to add a more penetrating edge to keep ahead. Which is maybe why Pep has added Mahrez. I am totally confident Pep is ahead of the tactical curve and we won’t see the exact same playstyle as last season. We will see something even more exciting.

As it stands, do people think we have a team/squad/midfield to win the Champions league?
Not quite. Getting turned over by Liverpool three times shows we need something a little extra in the back pocket. But Pep being Pep will have a plan so who knows.

Not quite. Getting turned over by Liverpool three times shows we need something a little extra in the back pocket. But Pep being Pep will have a plan so who knows.
The dippers had refs in their back pocket for the CL games and we nearly got a draw at their place,i think some blues are scarred by the dipper games,we will likely never have to play them 4 times in a season again

The dippers had refs in their back pocket for the CL games and we nearly got a draw at their place,i think some blues are scarred by the dipper games,we will likely never have to play them 4 times in a season again

When you lose three times in the comprehensive way we did we cannot just blame luck and the referees. There’s always going to be questionable decisions and we do have more than our fair share. We just have to learn to metaphorically kick teams who come at us balls out like they do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.