Whaley Bridge shooting

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. We had a fairly high profile case in Mayo nearly twenty years ago...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_John_Ward

Padraig Nally became a bit of a hero to folk living in rural Ireland, particularly those living alone who were afraid of becoming victims of burglary. Out from his family, I doubt there were many tears shed for the "victim".
That it though, isn’t it? Street cred goes through the roof, whilst serving your time.

No one cares about the burglars.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. We had a fairly high profile case in Mayo nearly twenty years ago...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_John_Ward

Padraig Nally became a bit of a hero to folk living in rural Ireland, particularly those living alone who were afraid of becoming victims of burglary. Out from his family, I doubt there were many tears shed for the "victim".

He did the world a favour, the law cut him some slack in the end and rightly so.

That it though, isn’t it? Street cred goes through the roof, whilst serving your time.

No one cares about the burglars.
Generally, no. And why would they? If they weren't committing a criminal act, on someone else's property, they wouldn't be shot. Is burglary punishable by death? No. Of course not. But when people are living in fear in their own property, they can be driven to taking extreme measures.

This recent episode in Whaley Bridge has been described as a "Burglary gone wrong" WTF does that mean?

Obviously I know what it means but what a way to phrase it.

If reports are correct it seems the burglars were locals. And possibly had gone back on a return visit. If so very stupid and risky.

In the Martin case the thieves had travelled from "traveller" central Newark-on-Trent across to Norfolk.

Burglary is different barra at night...at night the burglar can well expect to be confronted...thier nonces.

If you allow people to shoot those that enter their premises you'll soon see plenty of innocent people killed as people apply a shoot first, ask questions later mentality to things.

But if you've repeatedly been burgled, and the police do nothing about it there's no surprise a farmer decides he'll shoot the fuckers instead. I don't have sympathy with them. Most of what I've read expresses condolences towards the burglar and a sense of shock in the community about someone being killed. Personally I see it as one less scrote about.

These aren't people who have no alternative but to rob people, which is often the case in the US I would add. These people could easily get honest jobs, but are scum. I don't believe they should be killed for it, but I don't have sympathy if they've continually done it and got away with it.

The police need the funding to step up their work.

Reactions: ell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.