What’s your worst holiday experience, destination?

In my adult life I would say singapore was the only place that not so much worst but least enjoyable, I booked was there for a week but left after 3 day as I was bored by then.
I've been there twice, and I liked it both times, but I'd never go for a week. I can't think of many cities I'd spend a week in.

For me, it was probably Okinawa. I planned about 6 days there but when I arrived the government shut down all of the boats because of a hurricane, so I was stuck on the main island, which definitely doesn't have 6 days worth of attractions. And the hurricane never even arrived.

I remember a holiday on the Greek island of Aegina in the 90s. The beach nearest to our hotel was full of litter and when i walked along it i sunk to my knees in thick oil under the sand! I trudged back to the hotel to wash it off shower and the hotel owner said i couldn't have a shower saying I should walk a mile along a track to a petrol station so I could wipe it off with petrol. I told him i wasn't prepared to walk a mile in the blazing sun caked in oil. He relented because a few other hotel guests said he should let me shower, so he begrudgingly let me. Agina is the nearest island to Athens and the port of Piraeus where cruise ships tip their rubbish and old engine oil. Apart from that it wasn't too bad a holiday.

I also had another bad experience in mid 90s when I went to kusadasi in Turkey. I got food poisoning from eating a cooked chicken on a rotisserie that had juices from uncooked chickens dripping on it. I was really ill for 3 days on the toilet and being sick and could only stomach bread and water. The only good thing was i wasn't spending much so i treated myself to a leather jacket.
You’d look a nice site in your leather jacket, speedos and oil covered legs walking along in the midday sun!

I think it has changed a lot mate these days,seems a bit of a go to place,but it was deffo what I thought Eastern Europe was like back then,will never forget it.

Even Balkan Airlines plane we went on was rickety as fuck,horrible flight,do remember the stewardess girls were fit though.
They were either Tu134s or Tu154s. They passed over our house a lot, and you could hear them coming from a long way out. They looked as if they used coal for fuel they were that smokey!

Last edited:
I've been there twice, and I liked it both times, but I'd never go for a week. I can't think of many cities I'd spend a week in.

For me, it was probably Okinawa. I planned about 6 days there but when I arrived the government shut down all of the boats because of a hurricane, so I was stuck on the main island, which definitely doesn't have 6 days worth of attractions. And the hurricane never even arrived.

I was on a 6 month jaunt round SEA and the way certain flight prices and my budget had worked out it had me there 6 days before moving on, in the end it worked out the extra 3 days expense I saved covered changing my flights.

If I ever went back I would go for 1-2 nights only

Not a shithole but beware of La Manga on the Costa Blanca. A lot of club and International teams used to go there, it's where the some of Leicester team got caught with their trousers down a few years ago. It's a rip off, shite service and full of brass, never again. Even the barmaid at the pub on site was a part time prossy, she gave my mate a "menu" with her prices on it, golf courses were good though:-)

Haha what a place. Went in 2007, my girlfriend at the time won a holiday there at work and decided to take me and her parents along. There was me thinking it was going to be 10 days of chilling around the villa pool doing fuck all but her Dad hired a car and decided he wanted to see the entirety of Southern Spain in little over a week. Proper Rag fucker did nowt bit bang on about how shit City were. By day 2 I'd found the resort cocaine dealer and was drinking 2 litre milk cartons full of local firewater. By day 5 nobody was talking to me, my girlfriend had dragged us to Mercia Zoo in 100 degree weather and being full of coke and wine collapsed at the birds of prey show and got took to hospital. By day 7 I was off my face at the Abba tribute night getting sucked off on the cricket pitch by some rich 50 year old woman with my relationship in absolute tatters. It was brilliant.

We got back. I packed my stuff and left. Thanks for the free holiday. For what it's worth I thought it was a great place. Nice little private beach down the cliff. Local drugs were great and the town over is like something out of a 60s Western with 50c beers.

Haha what a place. Went in 2007, my girlfriend at the time won a holiday there at work and decided to take me and her parents along. There was me thinking it was going to be 10 days of chilling around the villa pool doing fuck all but her Dad hired a car and decided he wanted to see the entirety of Southern Spain in little over a week. Proper Rag fucker did nowt bit bang on about how shit City were. By day 2 I'd found the resort cocaine dealer and was drinking 2 litre milk cartons full of local firewater. By day 5 nobody was talking to me, my girlfriend had dragged us to Mercia Zoo in 100 degree weather and being full of coke and wine collapsed at the birds of prey show and got took to hospital. By day 7 I was off my face at the Abba tribute night getting sucked off on the cricket pitch by some rich 50 year old woman with my relationship in absolute tatters. It was brilliant.

We got back. I packed my stuff and left. Thanks for the free holiday. For what it's worth I thought it was a great place. Nice little private beach down the cliff. Local drugs were great and the town over is like something out of a 60s Western with 50c beers.
I rest my case Your Honour!

Paralimni in Cyprus, full of arrogant Russian gangster wannabee's, utter cunts the lot of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.