What 7 would you drop?

Upson
Walcott
Carrick
Bent
Warnock
Huddlestone
Carragher (he is definitely going though)

lionheart said:
Why has only one of you picked Baines among the players to miss out? Am I missing something over in Dubai? He is simply rubbish.
iv picked baines to drop out aswell.

Upson
Warnock
SWP
Huddlestone
Bent
Parker/Barry
Dawson

It's hard because i rate Dawson, and Dawson and King have both been really solid this season. Problem is, Terry and Ferdinand are going to play, and if one gets injured, then i expect the experience of Carragher to be used. King also has a tournament behind him and a bit more experience than Dawson.

I'd take Johnson because he's naturally left footed and he offers something different. He can change a game, and that quality is important when coming off the bench. Lennon and Walcott are very similar and neither Milner or Gerrard are left footed.

I would drop :

James - Do we really need 3 keepers for a 4 week competition ?

Barry - Hes been injured for over a month. No match fitness, no point taking him.

Carrick - Not good enough for the Rags so not good enough for England.

Heskey - Cant get in the Villa side. Awful, simply awful.

Huddlestone - Not good enough, no experience at this level.

Dawson - See Huddlestone. I just dont rate him

Leighton Baines - Awful performance against Mexico, ok going forward, poor defensively. See Huddlestone and Dawson.

Who I think he will drop :

Adam Johnson
Huddlestone
Barry
Swp
Dawson
Baines
Heskey

The seven I would drop

Carragher - Didn't want to know in the qualifying stages, but suddenly appears now. Plus he has been bloody awful this season. Although one problem Capello has, is that Carragher is possibly our only other player who can play right back.

Upson - Dawson and King are far better players. We don't need more than 2 back up centre backs
Warnock/Baines - Neither will probably play but one of them needs to stay as back up to Cole, but I'm not arsed which one stays or goes.

Carrick - Shit season, yet still in the team. No brainer for me, I would rather keep Huddlestone and Parker in the team, they deserve it more.

Barry - He would be a certainty if fully fit, but there is no point in risking taking him

Heskey - I still have no idea why he is even considered. Crouch is a far better player

Swp - Had a below par season, and doesn't deserve to be there in place of Lennon who has been excellent

Walcott - All pace and nothing else. He will be living off the Croatia game for the rest of his career.

I don't think Capello will drop these though. I think his choices would be

Johnson
Huddlestone
Parker (unless Barry is not fit)
Bent
Swp
Dawson
Warnock

Joe Cole is another that could be at risk of losing his place. He has been poor since coming back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.