What a difference - City Fans 2014 v Pompey Fans 2019

Dougy Giro

Having come back from yet another defeat at Wembley, my 6th with Sunderland, I just wanted to say (which EVERY other Sunderland fan I have spoken to has mentioned), how fantastic the City fans were that day, (and I know a lot of our lot said it 5 years ago too) compared to the Pikey c*nts from Portsmouth on Sunday.

City fans were good crack, showed a lot of class when winning easy in the end by not taking the piss, and genuinely wishing us good luck for the season ahead. Every person I spoke to that weekend from City was spot on, and had all been through with City what we are going through now.

Compare that to the Portsmouth fans, who were allowed to but 6 tickets per season ticket holders meaning there were loads of day trippers there who have never been to a game, it was edgy before the game, with Pompey fans throwing cans at the Sunderland fans, and gobbing on them from the bridge at Wembley Way, and after the game, loads of coked up Pikeys wanting a confrontation, goading the Sunderland fans, singing Northern Monkey Wankers etc.

A fair few scuffles were reported, and overall a large minority of their fans were arseholes (I know we have a few too) who were equally happy you have a go in the faces of pensioners, families and young kids, as they were small groups / fellas on their own.

Anyhow, good luck for the rest of the season, and the vast majority of Sunderland fans will be rooting for you!

Last edited:
Agreed mate it was a great day. Sunderland lads were top. We had a good drink together. I used to drink in the Cambridge Arms when we were at Roker and went to the first game at the new stadium when we lost 3 1. Get yourselves promoted.

Having come back from yet another defeat at Wembley, my 6th with Sunderland, I just wanted to say (which EVERY other Sunderland fan I have spoken to has mentioned), how fantastic the City fans were that day, (and I know a lot of our lot said it 5 years ago too) compared to the Pikey c*nts from Portsmouth on Sunday.

City fans were good crack, showed a lot of class when winning easy in the end by not taking the piss, and genuinely wishing us good luck for the season ahead. Every person I spoke to that weekend from City was spot on, and had all been through with City what we are going through now.

Compare that to the Portsmouth fans, who were allowed to but 6 tickets per season ticket holders meaning there were loads of day trippers there who have never been to a game, it was edgy before the game, with Pompey fans throwing cans at the Sunderland fans, and gobbing on them from the bridge at Wembley Way, and after the game, loads of coked up Pikeys wanting a confrontation, goading the Sunderland fans, singing Northern Monkey Wankers etc.

A fair few scuffles were reported, and overall a large minority of their fans were arseholes (I know we have a few too) who were equally happy you have a go in the faces of pensioners, families and young kids, as they were small groups / fellas on their own.

Anyhow, good luck for the rest of the season, and the vast majority of Sunderland fans will be rooting for you!

Nothing but admiration for yous!! The premier league is a poorer place without you?? Good luck on promotion fingers crossed

City fans were good crack, showed a lot of class when winning easy in the end by not taking the piss, and genuinely wishing us good luck for the season ahead. Every person I spoke too that weekend from City was spot on, and had all been through with City what we are going through now.

I was gutted for your fan's you lost. I was at the final in 2014 and your fans were a credit to your City. In spite of being bitterly disappointed you were good humoured and gracious in defeat. I am old enough to remember you winning the FA cup in 1973 against Leeds, what a day that was, Montgomery's double save and Stokeo with his hat. You knocked us out too that year. Good luck with promotion this year.

I've had admiration for Sunderland fans ever since they took the piss out of United thinking they'd won the league before the Agueroooooo moment - good luck for promotion.

Hope you get automatic promotion. If not, maybe a chance of revenge against them in the play-offs? Pretty sure most City fans will be rooting for you after 2012 and you doing the Poznan at the rags. An important part of a special day for us, that was.

Have had a soft spot for Sunderland for years - the game you refer to above, cheering when we won the League with the Aguero goal, etc, but having watched Sunderland Til I Die over the last couple of weeks, the programme has only served to make me feel even more sorry for your fans

You got such an idea as to how important the success of the football club is to all the local community and area in general, and how desperately sad last season was

Was very sorry you didn't win at the weekend, now really hope you get promoted

Fantastic theme tune by the way (and how bad is Rodwell!!?)

I hope Sunderland return to the Premier League as soon as possible.

We've shared a few laughs over the years, and it never ceases to raise a smile, when I recall the Friday night opening game at the Stadium of Light, when we walked through the wrong door and ended up drinking in the Sunderland Deaf Club rather than the Greyhound.

Sounds like the rags behaviour in 2011...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.