What a rubbish start!!

Don't look at the table until end of Sept, also think that there will be more upsets along the road.

I don't know one Wigan fan who thought they would win at the spuds.

A bad day at the office that's all.

But saying that there should have been two up front........................

Clubber said:
mcfc1996 said:
We can compare our results with last season all we want. We need to improve on last season big time to get into the top 4. Our haul thus far is at least 3 points less than it should be. We should be winning against Sunderland.

Yeah, maybe we should but we should really be beating everyone except the top 3 of last year away, but i agree with the op.

Chelsea got beat of Wigan last year.Slip ups happen. It did narc me yesterday, as when we don't get a decent result it always does, but in the cold light of day we could have had a few in the first half, but its not the end of the season, as we showed enough to be optermistic for the rest of the season even when we got beat.

I'm optamistic about the season mate. I don't expect us to win the league but we should be beating sides like Sunderland. That's being big time charlie about it but they are a poor side who most of our rivals will pick up points against.

second half of the season i think we will exploit the weakness of most teams. its just the beginning. but then again we are city, generally good losers.

Bluemooner33 said:
We are 2pts up on last season after 3 games, if we can carry on getting an extra 2pts every 3 games we will be 12pts up on last season which would of put us in 3rd place with 79pts.

I think this season well we are still gelling 3rd is the best we can hope for and would be very happy with that too.

not sure of your maths, if we gained 2 points every 3 games compared to last season we would gain an addition 25/26 points.

sadly the logic is flawed because not every game is going to provide a chance to improve on last years total.

your right we should be beating Sunderland, Spurs should have beat Sunderland, rags should have beat fulham, but guess what this is football, results like this happen. If I could put a bet on the top 6 winning every week, I would be a rich man.

We will finish at least 3rd this year, and some silverware is a certainty

It's not as bad as it might look. Sunderland played the best football they have ever played and they still needed a penalty to break us down. That fat twat Bruce has said that all teams will be out to give a good hiding, well I say bring it on, fuck em all.

the result wasnt a good one and the performance wasnt as clinical as it should have been.on the up side we had plenty of the ball but lacked that spark we had midweek its still early days but i would like tothe side to be more deadly in front of goal thats the difference between good sides and trophy winning sides.at the moment we are a good side but with what has been spent we should be a great side i know its early and the side will need time but i would like to be confident to go to places like sunderland and get a result and at the moment im afraid i am not.lets hope in a few weeks we will notice some improvement and be alot happier.

gerrygowsjockstrap said:
Not going to win much with the likes of Jo as back up.

But Jo will be in the reserves when Balotelli is fit.

Last season: Spurs away, lost 3-0, 0pts; Liverpool home, drew 0-0, 1pt; Sunderland away, drew 1-1, 1pt. That's 2 points with a -3 gd!

This season: Spurs away, drew 0-0, 1pt; Liverpool home, 3-0, 3pts; Sunderland away, lost 1-0, 0pts. That's 4pts with a +2 gd (or 2pts with a +5 gd, better than last seasons corresponding fixtures!).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.