----------------Given-------------

------------Toure---Lescott--
Zabaleta--------------------------Bridge
----------------De Jong------------

------------Ireland----Barry-------

-------Tevez---------------Bellamy

---------------Adebayor-----------

Simple as it gets.

4-3-3 and not a hint of negativity in sight, but I'll be genuinely surprised if we set up like that today - and incredibly disappointed.

I'm sick of the rigid negativity of our current 4-4-2, with the central pairing of Barry and De Jong we create very little, and have no driving force whatsoever from central midfield.

And as for Ireland...

If he doesn't start today I'll be mightily pissed off - regardless of the result.

ono said:
Can we please stop with the ridiculous over-rating of Stephen Ireland. Yes he is a very good player on his day. Yes he was our best player last season, But i've scrolled through this thread to find the most ridiculous comments i've probvably ever read on here...

"He's twice the player Tevez is" and "Behind Cesc Fabregas he's the most creative and dangerous player in the prem"

What a load of shite. Based on what? One very good season? He's probably up there with the likes of Arteta, Cahill, Benayoun, Nasri, Young.

Plenty of players have had very good seasons. Look at Dempsey last season. The test of the Premier League is doing it year after year. Ireland has potential and the fact he's an academy player makes it very sweet when he plays well. He's had one top season but part and parcel of becoming a top player is having the ability to adapt to new positions. Hughes is doing the right thing. Ireland's time to shine will come again, and if he shines equally as brightly, from a new position, then that will be another notch on his belt to becoming a top quality Premier League footballer. But for now, can we please stop with the bullshit?
He and Robbie are our most creative players, compared to workhorse players they're a rare talent, why on earth would you want to sacrifice their creativity by making them adapt to positions which don't favour them? It makes no sense whatsoever.

sweep said:
ono said:
Can we please stop with the ridiculous over-rating of Stephen Ireland. Yes he is a very good player on his day. Yes he was our best player last season, But i've scrolled through this thread to find the most ridiculous comments i've probvably ever read on here...

"He's twice the player Tevez is" and "Behind Cesc Fabregas he's the most creative and dangerous player in the prem"

What a load of shite. Based on what? One very good season? He's probably up there with the likes of Arteta, Cahill, Benayoun, Nasri, Young.

Plenty of players have had very good seasons. Look at Dempsey last season. The test of the Premier League is doing it year after year. Ireland has potential and the fact he's an academy player makes it very sweet when he plays well. He's had one top season but part and parcel of becoming a top player is having the ability to adapt to new positions. Hughes is doing the right thing. Ireland's time to shine will come again, and if he shines equally as brightly, from a new position, then that will be another notch on his belt to becoming a top quality Premier League footballer. But for now, can we please stop with the bullshit?
He and Robbie are our most creative players, compared to workhorse players they're a rare talent, why on earth would you want to sacrifice their creativity by making them adapt to positions which don't favour them? It makes no sense whatsoever.
I don't think that's necessarily true. SWP is creative and his 6 or so assists so far this season back that up. Tevez has also shown himself to be quite creative. For example, he's played some blinding balls in behind the defence that we have yet to make the most of.

I agree that Ireland is creative but he isn't the only player we have to accomodate. We also have Tevez, Barry, Robinho, De Jong, Adebayor, Bellamy, Petrov, Wright-Phillips and Santa Cruz. So for a while i expect it to be difficult to figure out a gameplan where the above players can all flourish to the best of their abilities. All Ireland can do during this time is to somehow find a way to make himself undroppable. After a bit of adapting i'm sure he will step up to the plate.

After all he went from number 1 boo boy to fans favourite in a short space of time.

ono said:
sweep said:
I don't think that's necessarily true. SWP is creative and his 6 or so assists so far this season back that up. Tevez has also shown himself to be quite creative. For example, he's played some blinding balls in behind the defence that we have yet to make the most of.

I agree that Ireland is creative but he isn't the only player we have to accomodate. We also have Tevez, Barry, Robinho, De Jong, Adebayor, Bellamy, Petrov, Wright-Phillips and Santa Cruz. So for a while i expect it to be difficult to figure out a gameplan where the above players can all flourish to the best of their abilities. All Ireland can do during this time is to somehow find a way to make himself undroppable. After a bit of adapting i'm sure he will step up to the plate.

After all he went from number 1 boo boy to fans favourite in a short space of time. If
I don't believe for a minute that Tevez plays as many decent passes as Ireland, its something he does occasionally rather than regularly , he simply doesn't have the same awareness and ability to spot runners. On the strength of what I've seen of Carlos so far I'd put Ireland ahead of him for the same position.

I'm off to the match now, I hope they're both on the pitch together.

*singingtheblues* said:
----------------Given-------------

------------Toure---Lescott--
Zabaleta--------------------------Bridge
----------------De Jong------------

------------Ireland----Barry-------

-------Tevez---------------Bellamy

---------------Adebayor-----------

Simple as it gets.

4-3-3 and not a hint of negativity in sight, but I'll be genuinely surprised if we set up like that today - and incredibly disappointed.

I'm sick of the rigid negativity of our current 4-4-2, with the central pairing of Barry and De Jong we create very little, and have no driving force whatsoever from central midfield.

And as for Ireland...

If he doesn't start today I'll be mightily pissed off - regardless of the result.

surprise!!!!!!!!! with the exception of Phillips for de jong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.