WHAT A WASTE OF TALENT

citoeast said:
Mark Hughes in September, bleating on about Stevie Ireland being a future City Captain.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0909/irelands.html

Come November, Hughes bleating on about Ireland being patient he does not fit the new system of play, but his day will come.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iR7qnSuEglte0MW10mDk9CmvnLOw

I know a lot of people are like me and feel Ireland as a bit piece player shows Hughes inability or unwillingness to utilise creative talent in the team, instead favouring a more regimented defensive approach. If Superman was in the Man U, Arsensal, Chelsea or Liverpool teams I suspect he would be starting and playing 90 minutes on a regular basis and would be a premier league sensation.

Apart from Robinho, there is not a more talented, creative and skilful player in the team. To boot he is also hard working, loyal and a home grown player.

The Manager calls the shots, but I for one think this is sad, a waste of talent (and points) and he is being sacrificed for less talented, one dimensional players. If as the story says he does not start tomorrow, I will find that a bit baffling, and be inclined to think the stories on here that Ireland was told in no uncertain terms that he is no longer a first team player, just a Coca Cola Cup player and back up squad player are true.

Our best Academy product and in Hughes words a future Captain warming the reserve bench.

agree 1000%

1961_vintage said:
Post like this do absolutely fuck all for our chances of achieving anything.

In the course of a successful season - ie actually winning something - different players will be involved and have differering levels of contribution at different times.

Ireland - like the rest of the squad - knows that when he's on the field he has to deliver and not, as has been the case sometimes, make you wonder whteher he was there.

You should listen to Hughes - patience. Beacuse Ireland can and will have a say on how this season turns out.

The team should have been built around Ireland, imho, he is that good. A bit like Liverpool not playing Gerrard, because he will not stay back in defence to shore up a ricketty Liverpool defence. It just does not make sense. <Furthermore the players playing regular first team football are inferior to Ireland, Barry included who has defended poorly this year, though he is a superb passer.

I guess the same applies to Robinho, if he waits with patience he will get his chance, yes with Barcelona. The no creative players sign is up outside Eastlands. By the way do not give the Robinho is injured crap, he was struggling to get a place under Hughes before injury and his creative play has withered and died under Hughes style of play, I will also throw in Elano and to a lesser extent Petrov (who has flourished despite Hughes) all of whom are creative players being shown the exit door by Hughes.

Freestyler said:
masterwig said:
He should play tomorrow.

He's twice the player Tevez is.

tomorrow he should play for de jong, de jong has been amazing but he isn't being dropped for his performances, simply because we don't need him in this type of game, tomorrow we need creativity, we need stephen ireland.

De Jong should play, the players who have not performed recently but have retained their first team place, despite our new perform inorder to play philosophy, should be dropped and others like Ireland given their proper chance. Tevez, SWP< Barry, and others have not be too hot recently and were rubbish in our last game but somehow still retain their place. Ireland was excellent in the Scunthorpe game but was pulled off after 60 mins, do not give me the injury crap excuse.

He can wait his turn like Petrov.

His passing has left a lot to be desired when he comes on.

GStar said:
Every week the OPer starts a thread attacking Hughes... every week its the same points from a differnet angle.

One player doesn't make a team, Ireland was shite before he was dropped and whilst my personal opinion is he is an absolute starter for us is a 433 formation, i'm not so sure my spectator credentials qualify my above our managements pro liscences and domestic and international experience.

If Ireland has to be patient then so be it; he's not exactly the first to be dropped this season, perhaps it'll do him good long term.

If Ireland is shite it is more to do with how Hughes uses him, in our 442 formation, making him stay back bizarrely.

I'd say De Jong is just as incapable of playing 4-4-2 as Ireland is only for different reasons. Ireland does struggle in a 4-4-2 but the team suffers with De Jong in a 4-4-2 because we lose all forward momentum. 4-4-2 should be ditched for 4-3-3 or 4--5-1 (they're essentialy the same depending on how the two wide froward players play) as we don't have the midfileders to play it. I said at the start of the season that our midfield was still lacking and I still think it's our main weakness.

tonythecoleman said:
Corky said:
He can wait his turn like Petrov.

His passing has left a lot to be desired when he comes on.
agreed.overated.when hes started this season hes bin shit.

Hmmmmm but we was winning games. Not won the last 4 without him says it all. Get him back in asap.

mh will not drop any of his expensive buys . no matter how bad they play . he hasnt got the bottle to do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.