What actually is a football club?

mate,
if the scenario i posed actually happened to us,
the way things stand at the moment with the charges and shit,
i'm pretty sure all the other premier league teams would happily wave goodbye to us.

I don't believe it will happen but let's say it did I'd say you are right they would just wave us down the swanny no problems.

Give it a year or two though and they'd have murdered football in this country because they'd be in court themselves every two minutes it'll not be viable for owners to even bother owning a club.

Really interesting question posed by the OP, thrown into sharp relief for me by the latest City podcast which presents an interview with David Bernstein conducted by Paul Dickov and Rob Pollard. In it Bernstein reveals that both Wimbledon and Rangers made approaches to City with a view to exploring taking us over! Had never heard of this before, but it in my head raised all the questions identified by calumdown.

in theory.
but nothing in life is guaranteed.
what if some horrid scenario happened.

extremely unlikely, granted,
but what if down the line it comes out that several first team players and management were members of a paedeophile ring.
the chairman found out and hushed it up.

i'm pretty sure we'd all stop supporting the club,
but the club would still exist, wouldn't it?
In that scenario I think the fall out would be on the individuals, more so than the club or the institution. It is as you say though extremely unlikely.
More realistically, the attachment to the sport as a whole could I believe be broken, by factors like the malign influence of SKY, the conduct of scum like Masters, American owners turning it into the NFL etc.

Fans for me
People in charge at the club are guardians at that current time but the fans will always be there

This is a great question. OP said nothing is a constant but for me the club IS the constant, no matter what the team is or who the owners are or who the other supporters are, to me it's the same City I started supporting in the seventies. It's been up and downs and even though I don't manage to get to the games these days I still feel like I'm a part of something good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.