What are we expecting from Pep's first season?

The Premier League, both domestic Cups, the Champions League, The Ladbrokes Challenge Cup, The Grand National, The Boat Race, Eurovision Song Contest and the X-Factor!!

In his 2nd year I would expect him to improve on that easy first year haul!!

Am I being too optimistic?

Yes, the Eurovision's always a bit of a lottery.

Don't know about expectations but I know what I am hoping for: something of a cross between his first season at Barca and his first at Bayern. He swept away some of the old guard at Barca and got them working harder but he didn't need to do that at Bayern. He did start to change Bayern tactically and he also adapted to the requirements of a different league but also had his team part with tradition. I hope he will already have been analysing how English football differs from both Spanish and German and be factoring that into his plans for City.

The emphasis on zonal work should become apparent as the season progresses. The team should run more but also move in a more compact way. I think we could see quite a lot of emphasis on wing play in the final third.

I do expect him to focus on winning the league above all else.

Sounds like a paragraph out of Pep confidential !

Great read by the way, read another way of winning first though- the start of the Pep story.

I think the Premier League is going to be even harder next year. Chelsea and Liverpool will have no European competition so can concentrate fully on the League, this will be huge for them. Even the rags may not feature in Europe and depending on who they bring in as manager, could be a real danger. I think Leicester will struggle to cope with CL and the loss of a couple of their big players (plus other teams should have worked them out by then!!) but Spurs will be a contender again and Arsenal for however shit they seem always manage a top 4. So the League is going to be such a challenge.

I think the Premier League is going to be even harder next year. Chelsea and Liverpool will have no European competition so can concentrate fully on the League, this will be huge for them. Even the rags may not feature in Europe and depending on who they bring in as manager, could be a real danger. I think Leicester will struggle to cope with CL and the loss of a couple of their big players (plus other teams should have worked them out by then!!) but Spurs will be a contender again and Arsenal for however shit they seem always manage a top 4. So the League is going to be such a challenge.

I don't think we will see a situation where the likes of the rags or Liverpool dominate English football for the timescales they did.

The new tv deal will make the mid table teams even better. Look at what Stoke are doing player recruitment wise, Everton will have new investment, I'd imagine Southampton will unearth a few gems too.

Every game in the premier league is a scrap and you can not coast against any team as they will have your pants down.

I think Pep will enjoy the challenge of the premier league, it's the ultimate test of a coach trying to land the title whilst managing a champions league campaign and two cups. Klopp realised pretty soon how difficult it is when he was bemoaning replays in the cup.

I'm not expecting Pep to walk away with the league next year, I'd like to see an improvement of the playing staff by Pep's coaching techniques. He could work wonders with De Bruyne and Sterling I hope.

A better side , better football , consistency of effort , no beatings , better set up , younger line up.

Fear factor at home to return.

Record points haul in the premiership.

Title
One cup
Cl Semis
This.

Our team should be fucking miles ahead of anyone else in the BPL... not withstnading the signings that are sure to come once Pep arrives.

What will happen...

We'll high press...

Anyone who can't press for 90 minutes will be subbed.

And, we'll improve dramatically in throw-ins and set pieces; no small detail will be overlooked.

Finally, some of our players will become really pissed off - so what!? Perform, or don't start.

Next season is going to be fucking AWESONE!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.