What are you listening to.................RIGHT NOW!!!

Real gone kid is what you are.
And if your coming to Anderson at the Apollo then If it's ok we will both have a scoop with you and a meet.

As a resident of the Athens of the North. You will have to educate me on Stab central. Do you think we would draw a good crowd?
I Could wear the Fox mask and red dress if you wear the Slipperman outfit! Come to think of it that might just draw an acceptable audience!
It always receives a good crowd and masks are not always nessasasary.
However the fox outfit is a good to go.
Used to be called Sashas then Fridays
Its a subterrainium playground of immense happiness with mahogony walls and low cost food options.
We once got pie and peas and a choice of spicy mince beef strongenough for £1.50.

Here we go at the 3 minute mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing mate and sorry for the delay in replying as I was listening to the two yes tracks.

Defining moments in our travel through time.
I tend to look back in decades now rather than years.

Drifting back further than I would wish too was my defining moment in musical history.
Mother forbade me to travel to the reading feastival of 75.
But how if she was a nuturing loving mother who cared for her siblings could she have meant such a proposterous thing !

I travelled down with my shitty one man tent and the rest was history

On friday night at the tender age of 15 I saw the mighty Hawkwind
On the Saturday it was my heroes that highlighted the show and that wa Yes and Anderson
On Sunday it was wishbone ash

I had little money and the hare krishna lads took me under their wing and we ate of vegatable pulses from a garagantuan pan
And the songs we sung and tamborines we rattled will stay with me until I am called to Elysiums door.
Bless you krishna creatures and if ever there were eternal souls deserved of eternal light that never drowned a single soul then these were them.

I also saw caravam joan amatrading and loads of top bands.
I will never forget Reading or the sound thrashing I received on my return home.
A happy thrashing albeit and bring it on.

Nowadays they would have called out the forces chopper coppers and put me on every milk bottle in the land but they were better days then and no cause for alarm distress or harresment.

33eis6c.jpg

302oodd.jpg

Fourth from the left with the glasses and long hair ; )
Some good bands in there. Was Stacia dancing with Hawkwind? BTW, I spotted you immediately in the crowd. Think Genesis did Reading in 73, would that be right?

Real gone kid is what you are.
And if your coming to Anderson at the Apollo then If it's ok we will both have a scoop with you and a meet.
Unfortunately not, Anderson I am seeing at the Usher Hall (i think) in Edinburgh, Steve Hackett at the Royal Concert Hall in Glasgow. Both with Mrs S who is a fellow disciple of 'proper' music. I see you are talking bout the Manchester Apollo and not the hallowed ground that is Hammersmith (Kate performed there twice)? Would be nice to have a scoop though. I am in Manchester frequently on account of our beloved football team.

It always receives a good crowd and masks are not always nessasasary.
However the fox outfit is a good to go.
Used to be called Sashas then Fridays
Its a subterrainium playground of immense happiness with mahogony walls and low cost food options.
We once got pie and peas and a choice of spicy mince beef strongenough for £1.50.

Here we go at the 3 minute mark.

Your posts and musical links gave me much pleasure. Thank you sir. You are a true gentleman and possessor of excellent musical taste. I recant all I inferred regarding Empire of the Sun. Have a great evening.

Unfortunately not, Anderson I am seeing at the Usher Hall (i think) in Edinburgh, Steve Hackett at the Royal Concert Hall in Glasgow. Both with Mrs S who is a fellow disciple of 'proper' music. I see you are talking bout the Manchester Apollo and not the hallowed ground that is Hammersmith (Kate performed there twice)? Would be nice to have a scoop though. I am in Manchester frequently on account of our beloved football team.

Yes it's Manchester mate on 25th of March

http://www.livenation.co.uk/show/850624/anderson-rabin-and-wakeman/manchester/2017-03-25/en

Sunday night brought another glimpse ofGenesis, a group who use theatrical effects as well as thoughtful electronic music in the style of groups like Pink Floyd. To say this is a tribute. They, too, are about to launch a new album, but played safe by rendering what we have heard before. "The Musical Box". " Supper's Ready" and " The Return of the Giant Hogweed" pleased both myself and the 25,000 audience, and was an effective climax to three days of sunshine and friendliness. Festivals always produce at least one surprise success and this year it was portly George Melly,musically from another era. The youthful audience immediately accepted his trad-jazz-flavoured tunes like " Frankie and Johnny" and his zany, uninhibited approach.

As for spotting me everyone looked the same back in the day.
Long hair and trendy glasses whether you needed them or not.
I guessed that. Everyone on your post looks exactly the same, including me!

It would have been amazing to have attended Readings 73 festival but @ circa 12-13 old I was way too young to climb aboard that tour bus to happyville.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.