What are you listening to.................RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm old enough to remember when dare came out. It was indeed a bit of an eye opener. It was very much of its time but it's also one of those landmark albums that will be mentioned as a benchmark, a bookend on the left leaving a big space for futurebands on the right.
Phil and the girls have so many stories, experiences, and tales that I have heard and read over the years.
The thing that strikes me is how humble Phil is, it's almost like he doesn't know how influential he was.
Your right,Phil is incredibly humble.when I met him at Rotherham, I just had to tell him I had dj Goth nites and I always played Being Boiled...the most Goth track I've ever heard in my life....apart from
Seconds Too Late by Cabaret Voltaire.
Phil Oakley just listened. And smiled. He knew. He understood.
He was Cool.

Your right,Phil is incredibly humble.when I met him at Rotherham, I just had to tell him I had dj Goth nites and I always played Being Boiled...the most Goth track I've ever heard in my life....apart from
Seconds Too Late by Cabaret Voltaire.
Phil Oakley just listened. And smiled. He knew. He understood.
He was Cool.
From what I've heard he's a modest fella, he always said he learnt how to play properly when they went on the road.
This is a great interview with Vic Reeves and jools Holland.

That album changed my life.
It changed everything..
A work of Art.
Still prefer early HL..which I listened to after Dare
But that album was everything..
I can still remember the 1st keyboard beat to " The Things that Dreams are made of"...What a track,and what a way to introduce the world to the brilliance of The Human League.
Martin Rushten.....I doff my cap.
I listen The Things that Dreams are Made of so much these days...timeless music. While I'm here...have this one on me...:

I'm old enough to remember when dare came out. It was indeed a bit of an eye opener. It was very much of its time but it's also one of those landmark albums that will be mentioned as a benchmark, a bookend on the left leaving a big space for futurebands on the right.
Phil and the girls have so many stories, experiences, and tales that I have heard and read over the years.
The thing that strikes me is how humble Phil is, it's almost like he doesn't know how influential he was.
Which was your fave girl, Joanne or Susan? Mine was Susan. Fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.