What are you listening to.................RIGHT NOW!!!

Blue Dan said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Blue Dan said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
The Clash - Sandinista!

Great background music for a lazy Wednesday afternoon, bit of everything in there and when you do actually listen Joe's throwing in some nice lyrics here and there too.

'Ring ring 7am' :)

Top class! Not for the faint hearted that album.

Anyway I'm listening to Live at San Quentin by Johnny Cash.

Lol I love it in Westway To The World where MJ claims he always saw Sandinista as an album for people who worked on oil rigs and couldnt get down the record shop as often as the rest of us. Bizarre but strangely true comment!

It is a muddled, messy, confused masterpiece and I've always had a soft spot for it.

Yeah I love it. 'Something About England' is a brilliant song. If only one of these overhyped bands of today had the balls to bring out an album like Sandinista.

Yeah top track that.

As for todays bands, I'm kinda glad none of them have the balls to do it, I mean do you really want a triple album of The Kooks trying their hand at rockabilly, jazz, reggae, dub, hip hop, rock n roll? Do you? Really? :)

Off the top of my head, the only person I reckon could/would even attempt it would be Doherty (I know, i know but I have a soft spot for him as he is a great writer ultimately) in one of his guises.

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't really mind PD but I think its sad that he's seen as a bastion of creativity in music these days.

I went to see Ash on Saturday night (bit of a guilty pleasure of mine I must say) and the support were The Dead 60's who were pretty plain. I was quite impressed though how they tried to work a bit of Ska into their music. It wasn't particularly good but at least they're trying.

Blue Dan said:
Yeah I know what you mean. I don't really mind PD but I think its sad that he's seen as a bastion of creativity in music these days.

I went to see Ash on Saturday night (bit of a guilty pleasure of mine I must say) and the support were The Dead 60's who were pretty plain. I was quite impressed though how they tried to work a bit of Ska into their music. It wasn't particularly good but at least they're trying.

Ash, yeah I'll admit to quite liking some of their tunes (girl from mars especially). I've seen the Dead 60's a few years back supporting Moz in Edinburgh, all their tracks at the time were Ska of some sort and were ok but they kinda lacked any charisma or personality. It was just 4 lads on a stage basically.

I think the thing with PD is that due to the tabloid stories his defenders seem to go to the extremes in defending him as the attackers go to extremes in attacking him so we end up with the PD is the worst scumbag junkie ever stories countered by PD is the genius of the world. Neither are completely true.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Blue Dan said:

Ash, yeah I'll admit to quite liking some of their tunes (girl from mars especially). I've seen the Dead 60's a few years back supporting Moz in Edinburgh, all their tracks at the time were Ska of some sort and were ok but they kinda lacked any charisma or personality. It was just 4 lads on a stage basically.

I think the thing with PD is that due to the tabloid stories his defenders seem to go to the extremes in defending him as the attackers go to extremes in attacking him so we end up with the PD is the worst scumbag junkie ever stories countered by PD is the genius of the world. Neither are completely true.

Spot on mate. Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.