What are you listening to.................RIGHT NOW!!!

maturity undoubtedly gives and appreciation of music that you thought when you were younger - you kind of get a filter - not everything from eve it was fashionable to think it was - I am not r artist was great - nor was it shit - it might have been just at the time - not really a fan of any of these two artists but they do speak to the age if you how old they are or how much fun they were if you have kids who loved Lilo & Stitch lol

Got Dazzle Ships on vinyl back in the day. The gatefold LP cover is a work of art, Peter Saville design. Couldn't get my head around it (at the time) but gained a better appreciation for the record over the years.
Good point about it being a Peter Saville designed cover. Another classic he did around that time was Ultravox's Rage in Eden, love that one too. His canon of work for JD/NO is a thread on its own!

Good point about it being a Peter Saville designed cover. Another classic he did around that time was Ultravox's Rage in Eden, love that one too. His canon of work for JD/NO is a thread on its own!
Yeh, I think there was a copyright problem with the Eden artwork... maybe not copyright but something like that, and subsequent reissues had to use a different cover. Must've got sorted coz the extra disc version and Return To Eden both used the original art.

What I liked about the JD/NO artwork (and this was noted in a JD/NO documentary), you could go into HMV, look at the new releases on the wall behind the counter and know instantly, even without identifying text, which one 'New Order' was! Distinctive...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.