What are your roads like?

I genuinely have never seen the roads in this bad of condition. The country roads especially are an absolute disgrace, Then again, The roads into my estate is horrendous, Pot holes everywhere.

I had to get a new tyre and alignment done all because I hit a massive pot hole a couple of weeks back.

Good thing we all pay road tax eh...

I genuinely have never seen the roads in this bad of condition. The country roads especially are an absolute disgrace, Then again, The roads into my estate is horrendous, Pot holes everywhere.

I had to get a new tyre and alignment done all because I hit a massive pot hole a couple of weeks back.

None of which is spent on the roads..

fucking awful,round where i live we dont have roads,just big fucking holes all connected with a thin strip of tarmac

Shit.

I don't know anything about tarmac, but however they do the repairs it doesn't work. In some cases a few weeks later the repair has crumbled away leaving a bigger hole than before.

Relaying roads that are perfectly fine and don't bother with the ones covered in moon craters. Incompetent, probably taking back handers off the contractors.

Don't just whinge on here.
Send an email to your local council.
3 weeks ago, a huge pothole opened up in my street, and there were a couple more, nearby, so I emailed the council with the house numbers where they were. Two days later, they were marked up, two days after that, they were filled. My only pisser, is that there were a few smaller potholes (which will only get worse over time) left untouched, that were about 6 feet away from the treated ones
Lol
" don't whinge on here ..." you tell us
Then you go on to end your post...with a whinge.. ?!!

There's no such thing as "road tax". Vehicle Exise Duty is levied against emissions (which is why electric cars are free to tax) and isn't ring fenced for road maintenance. Road maintenance is paid for from general taxation.

As a cyclist I've got a bee in my bonnet about this from brain dead dickheads who think cars own the roads because they "pay tax".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.