What book are you reading now / or recommend?

mackenzie said:
Hez said:
mackenzie said:
A Fine Day for a Hanging; the real Ruth Ellis Story.

Read books before on this subject but this is the best by far.

It is good but I found it hard to have sympathy with her. Would love to know what you reckon to it.

The Secret History by Donna Tartt. Complete rubbish. Now on the latest Rebus.

That's why I liked it. I didn't want to have sympathy as such, I just wanted a 'real' up to date account. And I thought it delivered that, all told. She and the victim sound like a nightmare couple but she was incredibly brave at the end and welcomed the noose.

Well yes. I felt really sorry for her son. She didn't seem to care less about him, it was all David.

There's a really good one about the Yorkshire Ripper with lots of interviews from his family and friends. I think it's called Somebody's Husband, Somebody's Son.

dronefromsector7g said:
The Jungle - Clive Cussler.

Started reading it about 15 months ago. About half way through. Might sack it as I got Lake's book last month.

Are you a slow reader or is it a really long book?

Just finished 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin. Really good read for anyone who enjoys end of the world, zombie type stories.

Now starting 'Legend' by David Gemmell.

Whoops! Why everyone owes everyone and no one can pay by John Lanchester.

I wanted some background on the financial crisis and how it came about and this was a great starting point. It's witty and insightful, it eases you into the complexity and has given me a much better understanding of how and why the crisis happened and what possible solutions there are to prevent it happening again. I'd highly recommend it.

Can anyone recommend some well written fiction? I've been reading loads of trash that's seemingly never seen an editor recently, I normally go for fantasy/historical fiction.

Uwe's bio. Just got up to where he's been diagnosed, read books on the tram/bus so welling up in front of fellow commuters isn't a great look.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.