What book have you just read?

mackenzie said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
Fall of giants. Ken follett
Any good Ronnie?
I tend to like bio's, classics, true crime and social history.
Plus any modern fiction that makes me think about the story for months after. I think the last author who managed to do that was Khalid Hussein (might have the name wrong, but he wrote 'a thousand setting suns').

A lot of his stuff was rubbish after Pillars of the Earth but this one is quite good. It's the first in a trilogy about different characters leading up to world war one

Ronnie the Rep said:
mackenzie said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
Fall of giants. Ken follett
Any good Ronnie?
Plus any modern fiction that makes me think about the story for months after. I think the last author who managed to do that was Khalid Hussein (might have the name wrong, but he wrote 'a thousand setting suns').

A lot of his stuff was rubbish after Pillars of the Earth but this one is quite good. It's the first in a trilogy about different characters leading up to world war one
It's not LOTR ish is it? :-(

mackenzie said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
mackenzie said:
Any good Ronnie?

No it's set around real characters and events. Pillars of the earth is 12th century England and follows the building of a cathedral over 30 odd years

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I thought i would be all gay so i put on my pink mankini, Celine Dion greatest hits and started reading a Twilight book. Later on i will have a little cry to my self
You forgot your poster of Maggie Thatcher. Then the set will be complete.
;-)

Ronnie the Rep said:
mackenzie said:
Ronnie the Rep said:

No it's set around real characters and events. Pillars of the earth is 12th century England and follows the building of a cathedral over 30 odd years

Ah right. Sounds good. Does it mention the origins of Freemasonry?

Just about to finish I, Partridge, which is quality.

Next on the list is The Striker's Fear of the Open Goal, which is written by a Blue (Andy Conway). It's a novel about City’s road to the FA Cup Final and one man’s mission to ‘Get a life. Get the girl. Get to Wembley’, according to the blurb anyway.

I've been sent a copy for review purposes so will let you know what it's like. Should be getting a few copies to give away as competition prizes too, will keep you posted.

mackenzie said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I thought i would be all gay so i put on my pink mankini, Celine Dion greatest hits and started reading a Twilight book. Later on i will have a little cry to my self
You forgot your poster of Maggie Thatcher. Then the set will be complete.
;-)
purleeassee hunny i still have some taste the pink mankini tells you that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.