What book have you just read?

LongsightM13 said:
mammutly said:
Brendan Behan - Borstal Boy. I read it years ago, but picked it up again last week. It takes talent to tell a simple story very well. You read a book like this and you feel as if you've lived through the experience with the author. Plenty of writers pick on subjects that are intrinsically emotional and basically exploit the reader's feelings. In this book, Brendan just tells a a bare faced story. It's raw, it's grim, it's funny and it's sad. A writer at the height of his powers with no pretensions at all. This was Bredan Behan's great season, before he pissed it all up the wall.
Behan rocks.
Ever seen the film version with Danny Dyer as the gay sailor?!!!

In the top 1% of worst film ever! I'd rather watch owen score in fergie time, rooney shinner or taggart talking about his love of red wine than watch one second of that again.

glen quagmire said:
LongsightM13 said:
mammutly said:
Brendan Behan - Borstal Boy. I read it years ago, but picked it up again last week. It takes talent to tell a simple story very well. You read a book like this and you feel as if you've lived through the experience with the author. Plenty of writers pick on subjects that are intrinsically emotional and basically exploit the reader's feelings. In this book, Brendan just tells a a bare faced story. It's raw, it's grim, it's funny and it's sad. A writer at the height of his powers with no pretensions at all. This was Bredan Behan's great season, before he pissed it all up the wall.
Behan rocks.

In the top 1% of worst film ever! I'd rather watch owen score in fergie time, rooney shinner or taggart talking about his love of red wine than watch one second of that again.

You have clearly never watched any of the GOAL movies. I would rather drink a bucket of AIDS riddled goats cum

glen quagmire said:
LongsightM13 said:
mammutly said:
Behan rocks.

Granted, any film with Danny Dyer in it is automatically shite, but he book is still good

Shantaram

Shantaram is a 2003 novel by Gregory David Roberts, in which a convicted Australian bank robber and heroin addict who escaped from Pentridge Prison flees to India where he lives for 10 years. The novel is commended by many for its vivid portrayal of tumultuous life in Bombay.

Quality book.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
LongsightM13 said:
The film is woeful, the book is majestic.
I got the DVD in Poundland and still feel conned.
Vernon God Little is a brilliant book by the way

Try Ludmilla's Broken English if you like, it's totally different though.
I didn't like the look of it.
I bet that one doesn't feature Glen Campbell lyrics.

Ronnie the Rep said:
mackenzie said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
Yep and it gives some of the simple rules for proportions when building cathedrals. I wasn't in the least interested until I read POTE but since then I have been in several and they are all built to the same rules! But the book is really about the people and is probably my favourite book ever. I can't recommend it to highly
POTE it is for me then. Who's the author again?

Ken follet it's a long book but worth it. Let me know what you think
Cheers Ronnie.
Will definitely make it as my first choice for my next read.
Will let you know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.