What car do you drive?

2004 Astra. Favourite car I owned was a 1.6 Peugeot 306, like driving a go cart, so much fun.

Currently Ford Puma St line , favourite car was Toyota MR 2 roadster until some scrote from Wythenshawe nicked it

I've had a Volvo XC40 for the last 6 months and I really like it. Nicest car I've driven.

I don't think the Cupra or Kia are equivalents to the Volvo's, they're a slight downgrade in terms of quality and finish. Volvo is more in the Mercedes or BMW range in my opinion, but is better in the direct equivalent comparisons.

Only issue is I have to pay for it and I'm not enjoying that aspect.
I've owned a Volvo S60 and S80 in the past, also a Merc E Class but the Volvos were a much better drive, absolute quality.

I love Alfas but after a hefty repair bill on one a few years back which ended with the car driving like a tractor I swapped to a 2006 Civic 2.2 cdti, I liked them when they first came out as they were very futuristic looking and it ended up being the best car I've owned - very very reliable, hardly any bills outside of routine servicing and was like shit off a shovel. I changed it for a Nissan Juke in 2017, another good car but I do really like the new Civics though they tend to be smaller engines now, many are only1.0 so would have to test drive one before buying it as I do like a bit of poke

I have 1.0 civic, didn’t get a choice of having it as due to redundancies at work was made to take it instead of ordering a new car. To be fair the 1.0 engine has a bit of go about it, they say it is slightly more powerful than the old 1.8 engine. However the media system is shocking, pretty sure it was designed by a 4 year old. Mine unfortunately is bright fucking red, but looks alright with black alloys (I keep telling myself it is our old away colours…). The biggest reason I can’t wait to see the back of it is the amount of road noise above 50mph, sound insulation is seriously lacking.

One of my vans, a Nissan NV 200 has just passed 200k, I'm retiring in 2023 and was thinking of getting a new one but the garage told me I'll get another 200k out of the current one if I keep it well serviced. Brilliantly reliable van, just need to change the cam belt/chain ever 100k miles.
Blimey, that's good to hear.

I'm sticking with mine then. Had been driving it 35,000 miles a year since I retired 6 years ago and hardly needed anything bar petrol and tyres.

I have 1.0 civic, didn’t get a choice of having it as due to redundancies at work was made to take it instead of ordering a new car. To be fair the 1.0 engine has a bit of go about it, they say it is slightly more powerful than the old 1.8 engine. However the media system is shocking, pretty sure it was designed by a 4 year old. Mine unfortunately is bright fucking red, but looks alright with black alloys (I keep telling myself it is our old away colours…). The biggest reason I can’t wait to see the back of it is the amount of road noise above 50mph, sound insulation is seriously lacking.

Interesting to hear from someone who owns one, when I saw the engine sizes I couldn't help thinking of old Metros!

Blimey, that's good to hear.

I'm sticking with mine then. Had been driving it 35,000 miles a year since I retired 6 years ago and hardly needed anything bar petrol and tyres.
Second one I've owned, the other did over 200k until a drunk driver, uninsured, crashed into it and wrote it off, don't think you can beat Japanese and German cars for reliability.

I use a private taxi these days whenever I need to go somewhere not walkable. Still got cars at my properties in the UK but not been back for a couple of years now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.