What colour is Manchester City blue?

When I first started going to see the blues in the early 60’s a lot around me used to shout “come on you dolly blues”

I didn’t really understand that meaning until my nan said a “dolly” was a light blue sort of dye added to the washing!!

I have a good tale to tell related to Citys colour. Back in the day when I was working on the stadium I went to a meeting and the architects for the stadium wanted white grey and yellow seat colours in a random pattern. Not a single blue seats I kid you not.

I was a spy in the camp for city working for Laings and the night we played Ipswich and it pissed down and got called of I was with Bernstain and Mcintoh and showed them the drawings of the seats. They were appalled. Within a week they had patented a colour called lazer blue which is the colour of our strange kit colout at the time. I drove down to south wales to Pel Stadium seating and was responsible for choosing the colour of our seats that are in the stadium now. took with me a spare seat from the bit between the Noth Stand and the Maine Stand and I went down with my Dad and ex mrs for the company and we chose the best match between us.

Where the Etihad now stands or near it for the pedants, Clayton Aniline made the base pigment for textile dyes but mainly the blue spectrum. Copper-phthalo-cyanine being the active agent. Textile dyers would then tailor it to their specs, Cortaulds for one, Ila another. Various middle-men would merchant the powder throughout the world, the point I am laboriously trying to make is that each dealer could call it whatever they felt like, furthermore it was produced in batches and therefore was subject to "tolerances" . Not only that the end result was reliant on the substrate it was being used on to be consistent in colour and absorbency.
Ultra-violet exposure then plays a part as a whitening agent. Sky blue is a generic term, the colour of the sky is dependent on many factors, Cambridge blue is not a Bsi patented protected afaiaa so when all is said and done .......... city blue is good for me even though it has been linked to the masonic movement

Where the Etihad now stands or near it for the pedants, Clayton Aniline made the base pigment for textile dyes but mainly the blue spectrum. Copper-phthalo-cyanine being the active agent. Textile dyers would then tailor it to their specs, Cortaulds for one, Ila another. Various middle-men would merchant the powder throughout the world, the point I am laboriously trying to make is that each dealer could call it whatever they felt like, furthermore it was produced in batches and therefore was subject to "tolerances" . Not only that the end result was reliant on the substrate it was being used on to be consistent in colour and absorbency.
Ultra-violet exposure then plays a part as a whitening agent. Sky blue is a generic term, the colour of the sky is dependent on many factors, Cambridge blue is not a Bsi patented protected afaiaa so when all is said and done .......... city blue is good for me even though it has been linked to the masonic movement

Fantastic piece of trivia for future generations that City's training ground is on the site of a company that was literally dyed in the wool blue.

I have a good tale to tell related to Citys colour. Back in the day when I was working on the stadium I went to a meeting and the architects for the stadium wanted white grey and yellow seat colours in a random pattern. Not a single blue seats I kid you not.

I was a spy in the camp for city working for Laings and the night we played Ipswich and it pissed down and got called of I was with Bernstain and Mcintoh and showed them the drawings of the seats. They were appalled. Within a week they had patented a colour called lazer blue which is the colour of our strange kit colout at the time. I drove down to south wales to Pel Stadium seating and was responsible for choosing the colour of our seats that are in the stadium now. took with me a spare seat from the bit between the Noth Stand and the Maine Stand and I went down with my Dad and ex mrs for the company and we chose the best match between us.
So it's your fault all our empty seats stick out like a sore thumb :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.