What colour is Manchester City blue?

Ok, at first glance this looks a very stupid question, sky blue of course! But when you actually think about it - What colour actually is Manchester City blue? In the behind the scenes video from the OS on the making of the kits, one of the things the guy said was that they spent a long time on deciding the colour for the home shirt, and that when they eventually showed it to people they automaticaly said "that's Manchester City blue!". So my question is, if you were to go into a printers, or a paint mixers, or into photoshop and started playing with the infinate combinations of reds, yellows, blues blacks and whites in the settings, what actually is Manchester City blue?
That’s actually a very good question.

Sky blue is the answer but what does Sky blue look like?

For me, the first Sky blue I saw us play in was the 1985 Philips shirt (what a first game that was: City 5 - 1 Charlton Athletic!). I love that colour. Unmistakeable.

I actually think the colour we should regularly have is a slightly darker shade, one more similar to the 1970’s shirt.

If you’re looking for a true Sky blue, you can see a version on this page. If you look at when people respond and then quote another reply, the colour of the box around the reply is probably the closest you can get to what true sky blue looks like. It’s a very strong colour and would be a great background to the badge.

That’s actually a very good question.

Sky blue is the answer but what does Sky blue look like?

For me, the first Sky blue I saw us play in was the 1985 Philips shirt (what a first game that was: City 5 - 1 Charlton Athletic!). I love that colour. Unmistakeable.

I actually think the colour we should regularly have is a slightly darker shade, one more similar to the 1970’s shirt.

If you’re looking for a true Sky blue, you can see a version on this page. If you look at when people respond and then quote another reply, the colour of the box around the reply is probably the closest you can get to what true sky blue looks like. It’s a very strong colour and would be a great background to the badge.
Oh and just to be clear, I’m referring to the darker of the two blues and not the extremely pale blue the body of the quote is in.

sky blue can vary a lot,as can the sky,from a rich solid blue to a far lighter brighter sky blue,i painted a room with dulux blue babe a quite dark sky blue and the ceiling mineral mist a much lighter blue but both blues have been similar to city shirts from the past,there were about 5 other sky blue options too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.