What Crucial city goals/games have you missed and why?

kp789

Due to work, funny stories etc.

I only managed to catch the first of the qpr game, missed the second half as I was working. Read a text at work saying we were 2-1 down and was so gutted. Found out later that we had won and was ecstatic. Only got to see the highlights at 1 in the morning and actually cheered and fist pumped Aguero's goal. Just so so gutted that I wasnt there or able to see it.

Anyone else missed crucial goals?

kp789 said:

I only managed to catch the first of the qpr game, missed the second half as I was working. Read a text at work saying we were 2-1 down and was so gutted. Found out later that we had won and was ecstatic. Only got to see the highlights at 1 in the morning and actually cheered and fist pumped Aguero's goal. Just so so gutted that I wasnt there or able to see it.

I cannot even begin to imagine how left out you must feel.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
kp789 said:

For the whole of preseason and even now, It feels so weird. Wish so badly that I could have seen it. If we beat Madrid on wednesday I will just go insane.

kp789 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
kp789 said:

For the whole of preseason and even now, It feels so weird. Wish so badly that I could have seen it. If we beat Madrid on wednesday I will just go insane.
Fair play mate. Hopefully do it again this season and you can have your own little mental moment!!

this is an embarrassing story. but I watch the entire QPR game until the 89th minute where I could not handle the stress and I paused the game on my DVR and when the kitchen to cry in front of the rest of family. Since I live abroad, they did not quite understand the meaning.

SO technically i missed the live version of aguero and dzeko's goals on May 19 2012. But i later was informed about the news and finished watching the game. One of the biggest regrets of my life, but I still was the happiest person alive after that.
And the transition from utter despair to complete euphoria in the space of an hour was INSANE!!!!

CTIC

i missed the 4-0 league cup win over the Rags in 76 when king colin got butchered ,because i was ill that day and missed school. but i was well enough to go to the game and i wasnt allowed.

The 4-1 derby, 2004. Was using it to put a fella on the spot, to see how important football was to him. Turned out he'd rather spend the day celebrating my birthday, which was in two days' time. No understanding of how important I'd said it was to find somewhere showing the match. Reminded myself, there and then, that City should come first, regardless...

... Resolutions are not always easy to keep. The other game was the 4-2 over Chelsea, at the end of Feb 2010. Decided to train the dogs, as I couldn't see us doing them over. To cut a long story short, the events of my alternative day resulted in a visit to court. Cost me a grand in solicitor's fees, just to prove my innocence. Now, it really is City above everything else!

i missed the first 20 mins of the last MR derby (walked in at 1-1) after a family function

missed aguero's goal in the 4-0 win over porto last year cos i was in the bog!

out of all the games i've been too, those are the only times i've ever been late!

each time i missed goals

Quite shocking... I missed the 4-3 derby because i was playing in a cricket final.

At the start of the season we saw the final clashed with derby day so the whole team (blues and reds) promised to play if we went all the way.

They had it on in the club house so we saw bits. I just remember hearing my dad shouting from in the club house when i was on the pitch..."blow the fucking whistle, blow the whistle.................YOU CHEATING CUNTS!!!!"

cant imagine missing the qpr game, theres nothing i wouldnt give up to miss that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.