What did the kids do before the internet?

Most of the above, plus building huts, having a bonfire, going to the posher areas and relieving them of the contents of their strawberry patch.

Bike rides, stunts, doing wheelies on a chopper, building death trap bogies out of pram wheels. Playing football until hunger induced delirium drives you home. Playing for the school in
finals and winning cups. Being told by a Celtic player at the time, who was going out with my team mates sister, that I played brilliantly and shook my hand.

Going swimming with supply of wrist band colours that meant you were in all day. Left the pool like a prune. Starving I may add and if you didn’t have the money for a plate of chips, the smell of them covered in vinegar was hell on Earth.

Getting chased by posh people who objected to us stealing their strawberries, apples, plums, telly’s.

Chatting up the posh girls. That was the best. Fighting the posh boys who objected, easy.

Stealing copper from houses being renovated and making a small fortune.

Borstal

Then we started drinking full time and other pursuits took over.

But that’s another story.

Last edited:
I have no idea what kids do these days. We seemed to do a bit of everything.

Young age we played It, kirby, footy until dark, swings, roundabouts, knock down ginger and hours of bike riding to towns miles away etc

Inside shitty monopoly, spectrum 128k, Amiga 500

As I got into my teens hanging outside an off license with a bottle of cider became the norm and loutish behaviour. The playstation pretty much put jobs and life on hold with gaming 14 hours a day spending our dole money on the pubs

Building go karts, doing up bikes, making crude armaments from tubes and garden equipment with stuff bought at boots and garden centres, blowing up telephone boxes, not being allowed to play with the other kids, reading my dads Mayfair mags, rolling big ball bearings round the gutters, breeding newts, keeping fish and reptiles, waiting for my first pubic hair.... Weird dreams about girls of the opposite sex.

Building go karts, doing up bikes, making crude armaments from tubes and garden equipment with stuff bought at boots and garden centres, blowing up telephone boxes, not being allowed to play with the other kids, reading my dads Mayfair mags, rolling big ball bearings round the gutters, breeding newts, keeping fish and reptiles, waiting for my first pubic hair.... Weird dreams about girls of the opposite sex.
the true makings of a serial killer right there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.