What do Southerners really think of Northerners?

Bluemoon115 said:
Cheesy said:
As a Midlander I am literally stuck in the middle. My opinion.... Southerners have a misplaced superiority complex, Northerners have a chip on both shoulders ;-)
And the Midlands is just desperate to be relevant in any way, shape or form ;-P

We're just well balanced :-) Get the best of both lots.

Cheesy said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Cheesy said:
As a Midlander I am literally stuck in the middle. My opinion.... Southerners have a misplaced superiority complex, Northerners have a chip on both shoulders ;-)

If that was the case, why does the Midlands accent sound like someone's having a stroke?

:)

I was working in an office in Guildford recently, when they clocked my accent someone asked me blue or red? I said Blue obviously, I'm a Manc. They all laughed and pointed one guy who it turns out was a rag, from erm Guildford.

I didn't really take the piss I just asked him one question, in front of everyone. Why? I asked, Why would you choose to support that lot?

I've always supported them mate, so I'm not a glory hunter or anything. I've supported them '68 when they won the European cup! The whole office were pissing themselves and this guy just didn't see the irony of what he'd just said.

As for southerners, they generally feel superior to northerners, but the way I see it is let them think it's great down there, it'll stop the tossers from moving up here. Also, I've been working in London a fair bit recently and my God that is one great big shit hole.

Bluemoon115 said:
Cheesy said:
Bluemoon115 said:

If that was the case, why does the Midlands accent sound like someone's having a stroke?

:)

Going to Birmingham is like going back in time

You can probably narrow it down more to Londoners who are the real arrogant arseholes.
I know people from Kent, Portsmouth, Gloucs, etc and they all hate Londoners for their superior attitude.

jacko74 said:
You can probably narrow it down more to Londoners who are the real arrogant arseholes.
I know people from Kent, Portsmouth, Gloucs, etc and they all hate Londoners for their superior attitude.

It depends where in London you go. The parts of South London and East London I've been to are really down to earth.

Fully admit to overplaying the Manc Scally when confronted with snobbery. They drop their load.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.