What do we need?

robbieh

With all the talk of Villa, Sanchez, Modric, Aguero, Bale etc on here I thought it might make sense to see what we need and then make an educated guess rather than pick top players and then have 150 pages worth of disappointment.

If Tevez stays as looks increasingly likely we do not need another striker. So Villa, Aguero forget it.

A front three with Tevez, Balotelli and Silva looks strong. Backup Dzeko and AJ.

A midfield trio of De Jong, Yaya and Barry/Milner. This is where most of us think a signing is needed. Barry and Milner are fine back up where we want to go. But put Fabregas, Modric or Sneider in there and we look a whole lot better.

So based on what we need a creative but allround midfielder (rather than an out and out attacking midfielder) and a left back. Fabregas stiil wants Barca and they still want him. Modric seems to be Chelsea bound. De Rossi has been mentioned. However I feel that our signing has already been done quietly.

Could it be Stephen Gerrard? Every summer he is linked with a big move somewhere. This year nothing. If he is over his injury then he would make a huge difference to our midfield. And Baines for left back.

robbieh said:
With all the talk of Villa, Sanchez, Modric, Aguero, Bale etc on here I thought it might make sense to see what we need and then make an educated guess rather than pick top players and then have 150 pages worth of disappointment.

If Tevez stays as looks increasingly likely we do not need another striker. So Villa, Aguero forget it.

A front three with Tevez, Balotelli and Silva looks strong. Backup Dzeko and AJ.

A midfield trio of De Jong, Yaya and Barry/Milner. This is where most of us think a signing is needed. Barry and Milner are fine back up where we want to go. But put Fabregas, Modric or Sneider in there and we look a whole lot better.

So based on what we need a creative but allround midfielder (rather than an out and out attacking midfielder) and a left back. Fabregas stiil wants Barca and they still want him. Modric seems to be Chelsea bound. De Rossi has been mentioned. However I feel that our signing has already been done quietly.

Could it be Stephen Gerrard? Every summer he is linked with a big move somewhere. This year nothing. If he is over his injury then he would make a huge difference to our midfield. And Baines for left back.
defo need baines,vertoghen over cahill,sanchez would be outstanding and i think we could get sneijder! if that lot came lose the deadwood and carlos stays then we are set for a title charge!!!

Left back, replacement for viera, wide player and cover for silva.

If tevez was to go we would have to replace him as well.

I'd be pissed off beyond belief if we got "Stevie G". He can do one for all I care, he's 31 and past it. And it'll never happen, not because of who he is, but because of his age. I'd put money on us not signing anyone over 30.

MCFC-alan88 said:
I'd be pissed off beyond belief if we got "Stevie G". He can do one for all I care, he's 31 and past it. And it'll never happen, not because of who he is, but because of his age. I'd put money on us not signing anyone over 30.
agreed!!

My four signings... all realistic, no fantasy football signings!

Bale for left side (attack or defence)... gives us the pace we are crying out for.

Nasri ... attacking midfield, can play central or wide.

Mata... width, pace and youth

De Rossi... battle hardened

They're not fantasy football?!

I get the feeling De Rossi will be at Roma forever, like Totti.

Bale, I'd rather not get into it, I just don't think he's worth what he'd cost.

Nasri, I think Arsenal will see sense and offer him what he wants.

Mata, I live in hope of signing this lad, I really do.

Baines is not good enough, i'd only want him if he was making everyone question why Ashley Cole is still England's LB - not one person has, he's not even close to AC threfore he's not good enough. Gerrard wont come and i don't think we'd go for him anyway. I hope we do a swap deal for Tevez and get shut of him. And i think we need another player like Silva.

MCFC-alan88 said:
They're not fantasy football?!

I get the feeling De Rossi will be at Roma forever, like Totti.

Bale, I'd rather not get into it, I just don't think he's worth what he'd cost.

Nasri, I think Arsenal will see sense and offer him what he wants.

Mata, I live in hope of signing this lad, I really do.

Have you done a critique of every posters suggestions? Or just mine?

I'm flattered if I get the special treatment!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.