What do we need?

realistically we only need like 2 or 3 minor signings and a major one if we lose tevez

someone to replace vieira in midfield, preferably a hard tackler like dejong (no idea from me here)

someone to cover defence if boateng goes and with kolos ban (verthongen or however you spell his name, the belgian from ajax)

and someone to replace tevez if he goes (aguero or hulk?)

i'd love to see a creative midfielder like pastore or sneijder but cant see that happening, i think don mancini has his midfield set up in his mind already and it doesnt include a playmaker type of player. he has silva for that.

NinoK said:
realistically we only need like 2 or 3 minor signings

someone to replace vieira in midfield, preferably a hard tackler like dejong (no idea from me here)

someone to cover defence if boateng goes and with kolos ban (verthongen or however you spell his name, the belgian from ajax)

i'd love to see a creative midfielder like pastore or sneijder but cant see that happening, i think don mancini has his midfield set up in his mind already and it doesnt include a playmaker type of player. he has silva for that.
I watched Porto quite a lot last season and Falcao is MILES better than Hulk. Hulk will take three players on then smash a shot that goes out for a throw-in or in row ZZZ,Z twice a game, every game! Falcao is a great finisher, a goal poacher, he's quick, strong and great in the air (and he stays up front, unlike Tevez who drops deep and leaves nobody up front!). Plus Hulk is either a right winger or plays right of a front 3, we need to replace Tevez with a number9!

danburge82 said:
NinoK said:
realistically we only need like 2 or 3 minor signings

I watched Porto quite a lot last season and Falcao is MILES better than Hulk. Hulk will take three players on then smash a shot that goes out for a throw-in or in row ZZZ,Z twice a game, every game! Falcao is a great finisher, a goal poacher, he's quick, strong and great in the air (and he stays up front, unlike Tevez who drops deep and leaves nobody up front!). Plus Hulk is either a right winger or plays right of a front 3, we need to replace Tevez with a number9!
yeah youre probably right. hulk seems to play on the wing while falcao does the goalscoring. he's wonderful to watch though isnt he? some insane ronaldinho-esque dribbles and how the literally throws defenders around with his strenght is immense. has a mean long shot aswell, but as you say he doesnt do much with it usually.

actually, regardless of tevez going or staying, i'd like Hulk at City. imagine the suprise the left back would be in for when AJ leaves the pitch and Hulk comes on.

Some big names flying about.
I personally think we need:
left back - Clichy seems a decent bet, premiership experience and highly rated in my books.
Silva cover - Charlie adam? No superstar needed.
Right Mid - Sanchez would be nice.

Soulboy said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
They're not fantasy football?!

I get the feeling De Rossi will be at Roma forever, like Totti.

Bale, I'd rather not get into it, I just don't think he's worth what he'd cost.

Nasri, I think Arsenal will see sense and offer him what he wants.

Mata, I live in hope of signing this lad, I really do.

Have you done a critique of every posters suggestions? Or just mine?

I'm flattered if I get the special treatment!

I comment on anything that I believe deserves to be commented on, and I've given my opinions of each player you've listed. No special treatment involved.

IMO We need:

1. "Regista" (Deep Lying Playmaker): Modric/Fabregas/Montolivo/Honda
2. Versatile Creative Attacker (who can play out wide): Pastore/Mata/ Hazard/ Young/Nasri
3. LB : Coentrao/Baines
4. CB - Vertonghen/Cahill

MCFC-alan88 said:
Soulboy said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
They're not fantasy football?!

I get the feeling De Rossi will be at Roma forever, like Totti.

Bale, I'd rather not get into it, I just don't think he's worth what he'd cost.

Nasri, I think Arsenal will see sense and offer him what he wants.

Mata, I live in hope of signing this lad, I really do.

Have you done a critique of every posters suggestions? Or just mine?

I'm flattered if I get the special treatment!

I comment on anything that I believe deserves to be commented on, and I've given my opinions of each player you've listed. No special treatment involved.

Wouldn't it be even more exciting if you also listed your choice of players?

Then I can have a pop at them... ;-))

danburge82 said:
Baines is not good enough, i'd only want him if he was making everyone question why Ashley Cole is still England's LB - not one person has, he's not even close to AC threfore he's not good enough. Gerrard wont come and i don't think we'd go for him anyway. I hope we do a swap deal for Tevez and get shut of him. And i think we need another player like Silva.
I question why Ashley Cole is playing every time I watch England. At his best he's as good as anyone in the world, I haven't seen him at his best for well over a year though. Baines is a liability defensively I have to admit, far inferior to Cole. In attack though he's currently better (mainly because Cole has been poor though, I'll admit).

Depends on Tevez I feel.

--------------------------Hart-------------------
Richards------Kompany------Lescott------Bale
----------------------de Jong------------------
---------Y.Toure--------------------Mata------
---------------Tevez------------Silva-----------
-----------------------Aguero------------------

4 players... a left back, an attacking midfielder, a winger and 1 other position that might need replacing eg. forward (tevez), cb (boateng, gk (given)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.