What do we need?

Silvotelli said:
Everyone thinks we need a new squad every year. Ridiculous.

Sell:
Bridge
Adebayor
AJ
RSC
the obvious players that everyone knows is/should be going for good.

Keep:
Guidetti - Play him against lower half teams, to rest the top players for next games. He'll get the job done.
Weiss - Same deal as JG.
Savic - But he should be sent out on a short loan, only in the regard we get a back up CB, also pending on if Kolo leave. Which he seems to be doing.
Dzeko - If we get a winger. That's his style. And he has done quite well scoring without playing his best suited style. Guy really get the shaft on his performances.
Kolarov - Awesome LB. Aggressive, consistently cool headed, great at distance free kicks. Pairs well with Dzeko. Imagine them with a great winger.
PabZab - Most consistent player. Can't recall a single game this season where we had a really poor performance.

Bring in:
Keisuke Honda - Play him in the middle with Silva and Nasri on the sides with him. Any strike besides Dzeko. Great for maneuvering into the box against tall defences.
Miralem Sulejmani - Great winger, is going to fling it in quick to EdDz. Great for Chelsea style defense.
Ogbonna or Vorsah - Young players that would not expect starts with Vinny and JoLo. Would give it all to impress Roberto for more starts over them. Competition breeds excellence.

No strikers. Unless Carlos leaves. Which I hope not.

BOYATA. Stop, forgetting Boyata.

green pennies said:
i♥city! said:
Cobwebcat said:
For me we only need two players:

A left winger: Bale is the obvious choice

A centre back: Vermaelen would be my choice as Vinnie plays with him for Belgium too (sorry Arsenal!) Failing that Bonucci or Chiellni from Juventus.

We get the money for these two by selling these nine (easier said than done!)

Boyata
Cunningham
Bridge
Weiss
M.Johnson
Ibrahim
Adebayor
Nimely
Cruz

Bale - Yes
Chellini - Yes
Bonucci- Hell No
Vermelen- Hell No
Thiago Silva - Yes.

Really? You don't rate Vermaelen? We're not getting him so it's end of story anyway, but I'm surprised anyone wouldn't want him and Vin destroying opposing forwards together in defense. IMHO Vermaelen is sick.

-- Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:20 pm --

BobbyQ90 said:
A deep lying play-maker. Martinez isn't one for me, he doesn't have the passing ability to spread play quickly. An expensive option would be someone like De Rossi or M'vila. Two very inexpensive options would be Jordy Clasie and Michael Bradley. Both very tenacious and good tacklers and both very good passers. I would prefer Clasie, as he is the younger one of the two, but Michael Bradley is the more experienced and physically imposing player.

Bradley got shorted a little at Villa, not really getting his chance. He went to Chievo and has transformed into one of the best midfielders in Serie A, taking over the "regista" duties with his exquisite passing and excellent work-rate and tackling.

Clasie on the other hand has become the engine for Feyenoord's push for the title in Holland this year. He reminds me a lot of Cabaye from Newcastle. He's small but he makes up for that with skill and pure determination.

Either of these players I would take, Bradley is probably the more polished player who could dominate our midfield right away. Clasie would need work because playing in Holland is a huge drop in class when compared to playing in Italy or England but he does have the higher ceiling when it comes to potential.

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/xDwGrQDBm-o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/xDwGrQDBm-o</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/5miZxF4trvE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/5miZxF4trvE</a>

Can't believe you had the guts to suggest an American on these boards!!!

Good for you!

And from the looks of it, the tin hat wasn't even all that neccessary...

He would be the ideal replacement for Barry. Some people just don't understand how underrated some American players really are.

OUT
Savic (PL Loan), Bridge, Cunningham, McGivern, M Johnson, Abu (PL Loan if possible?) Ibrahim, Weiss/A Johnson, Adebayor, RSC, Nimely, Guidetti (PL Loan)

IN
A central midfielder to partner Yaya - Javi Martinez - Young, classy midfielder also good cover at centre-back
A quick winger with good skill - Lucas Moura? Lavezzi?

KEEP
Boyata, either AJ or Weiss.

Also replace anyone else who leaves
Tevez/Dzeko - RVP / Falcao (preferably)
de Jong - M'Vila / Lassana Diarra
Kolarov - Alba
Kolo - Raul Albiol
Milner - Fellaini

The Italian boy we're being heavily linked with today Veratti is called the new Pirlo in Italy so sounds like the type of player we could really use. But... even if we sign him it's hard to see a 19-year-old being thrown into the first team. A player with a clinical long pass is something we really miss sometimes, Pizarro gave us glimpses of it in his cameos.

LoveCity said:
The Italian boy we're being heavily linked with today Veratti is called the new Pirlo in Italy so sounds like the type of player we could really use. But... even if we sign him it's hard to see a 19-year-old being thrown into the first team. A player with a clinical long pass is something we really miss sometimes, Pizarro gave us glimpses of it in his cameos.

Another great choice if true. He was key in Pescara's promotion to the Serie A. Like you said he wont be thrown in just yet.

There´s a big difference between areas we can improve, and areas we have to improve.

In fact if we spent enough money, we could improve almost every area of the team (Hart, Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero are probably relatively untouchable).

As has been said, I think what we need is a winger better than AJ, just one for a different option and also a deep playmaker. Both of those i think are necessary to take the next step in Europe. After that possibly comes a centre-back, although the JL VK partnership is excellent generally, there are some limitations there. I think Thiago Silva would be fantastic for us in Europe, but i´m not a 100% sure breaking up the current partnership woud give us a better defence in the domestic league, so it´s questionable whether he´d be worth it for me.

So to really take us forward, is only 2 or 3 players.

Any signings after that are for depth/future.

pee dubya said:
There´s a big difference between areas we can improve, and areas we have to improve.

In fact if we spent enough money, we could improve almost every area of the team (Hart, Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero are probably relatively untouchable).

As has been said, I think what we need is a winger better than AJ, just one for a different option and also a deep playmaker. Both of those i think are necessary to take the next step in Europe. After that possibly comes a centre-back, although the JL VK partnership is excellent generally, there are some limitations there. I think Thiago Silva would be fantastic for us in Europe, but i´m not a 100% sure breaking up the current partnership woud give us a better defence in the domestic league, so it´s questionable whether he´d be worth it for me.

So to really take us forward, is only 2 or 3 players.

Any signings after that are for depth/future.
Maybe add Clichy, Tevez and Nasri to the untouchables? I agree with your priorities:

Wide player
Defensive midfielder who can tackle and play ie upgrade on Barry/De Jong
right back/centre back

LoveCity said:
This is fantastic. I hope it happens. I haven't even seen the kid, but the idea of a deep lying playmaker, which Martinez (the current City flavor of the month) isn't. I hope he is as good as advertised and we pounce early. Diversify our squad's options.

Perspective. He used to play for City, but is the forgotten man in these giddy times!

Seriously?

We need a defensive playmaker in the mold of Barry/Toure, and an attacking left sided midfielder who can get back and help out with equal aplomb. Have a feeling Kolarov COULD be this player IF HE WANTS TO BE!

Barring that, I think it might be time to more regularly blood the young up and comers (Guidetti, Weiss, Razak, Rekik) both onto the bench and the pitch to give them more minutes. Problem is , we are not finishing off games BEFORE the last 20 minutes, which is when good teams blood their youngsters. If we could finish teams off before the last 5 minutes, it would do the squad the world of good. And, it would help the regular players get a break instead of having to expend so much energy late in the game.

CTID

kun said:
OUT
Savic (PL Loan), Bridge, Cunningham, McGivern, M Johnson, Abu (PL Loan if possible?) Ibrahim, Weiss/A Johnson, Adebayor, RSC, Nimely, Guidetti (PL Loan)

IN
A central midfielder to partner Yaya - Javi Martinez / Dembele or KPB - Young, classy midfielder also good cover at centre-back
A quick winger with good skill - Lucas Moura? Lavezzi? Ben Arfa

KEEP
Boyata, either AJ or Weiss.

Also replace anyone else who leaves
Tevez/Dzeko - RVP / Falcao (preferably)
de Jong - M'Vila / Lassana Diarra
Kolarov - Alba
Kolo - Raul Albiol - I wouldn't risk bringing someone who Arbeloa of all people starts ahead off!
Milner - Fellaini

I have also made suggestions here that Lassana or Kevin prince boateng would make our midfield extremely compact and unbreakable because of their experience (especially in the UCL where they have played against the likes of CR7 and Messi), speed and resilience . Personally for me i wouldn't join the HYPE bandwagon , i would rather go for tried and tested players so for me the whole MARTINEZ and MVILLA hype thing is something i would never be part of. I would rather see the following people in our team :

1.Bale: Adebayor + 22M Cash for Bale (or) AJ + 10M for Hatem Ben Arfa Moura has all the HYPE now and is over valued same for Lavezzi

2.SERIE A trade : Considering the fact that Ibra seems to be interested in moving away from ACMilan , They would probably be looking for a player who is similar to Ibra but young and promising , Dzeko can fit into the picture for them (Tevez would be staying so he is out of the picture ) so = Dzeko + 25M Cash for Thiago Silva like wise Juve's scoring record last season was poor they won the league because of their defensive / midfield quality and i have seen articles that link them to Dzeko so Dzeko + 25MCash for Chellini . Either T.S or G.C to partner kompany and the defensive problem would have been solved.

3. Sell Dejong : Nice personality but his tackles are totally outrageous and he hardly gives 80% in a match , his passing skills are non existent . I like Dejong but its time to get someone who can initiate a counter right from the depth of the midfield and someone who scores . I would go with Lassana diarra or Kevin prince boateng . A cheaper option would be Dembele . Inter are already interested in Dejong.

4. Kolarov stays : Just because barca are interested in Alba doesn't mean he would fit into our team . Alba has a small figure and he would be a flop defensively in the EPL, He is also Over valued .

5. Guidetti : I would love him at the team BUT he needs to go on loan to a more challenging league preferably loan him to Malaga or Lazio , These teams all made it to the UCL but are short of attackers he would definitely get more experience there and if he can manage to score double digits there then he can fit into the team next season.

We shouldn't spend past the 70Million mark this season , At least 3 players should do . A whole bunch of players would mess up the chemistry .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.