What do you call ...them

Rags and when i do the match threads each week i dont do capital m or u for them , childish i know , sorry ric
So you hold Ric in the same disdain as United?!

I'm sure he'll be charmed! :)

I've recently had comments removed from Facebook Nostalgia sites for referring to them as "Rags" and received explanations that the site has received complaints about the term being offensive.
You couldn't make it up.

Rags, but normally only on here.

Never heard that term used outside Bluemoon, although I’ve lived away from Mcr for nearly 40 years now.

Is it widely used off the forum?

Depends on who I'm talking too really. My dad's side came from Newton Heath and he was the only blue in the family. I had 2 uncles who were reds and cousins who are. Can't really go calling them rags or scum but friendly banter has always been fine. Same goes for several friends who are reds.

However, if I'm taking to out of town TV rags trying to belittle me and my club i don't hold back. I've managed to put most in their place in pubs up and down the country. The ones who go to OT and know their stuff I can talk to, other's soon get told to do one if they are being disrespectful.

Speaking to an old blue at work a few years ago, Golfing Neil, we talked about the origins of the name rags.

I thought it was something to do with the fact that we've bailed them out many times in their history so they were beggars in rags.

Neil smiled and said no it was a reference to women using scraps of cloth before the advent of tampons etc. He said either way they were cunts!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.