What do you think would have happened if Sven had stayed on?

It would have been very interesting to see who Sven would have gone for. Pretty sure he would have been a lot more ambitious than the like of Given and Bridge. I'm also pretty sure we would have won something

A cup, maybe, but not the premiership. He didn't seem to give his teams any mental steel, at least in later years. They played some nice stuff but had a tendency to fade. Being a top manager is not just about assembling good players and coaching them well, even though those things are essential.

This is where Bobby has excelled imo. Last year's 8-point overhaul put City's long-standing inferiority complex to bed and U*d were the ones who cracked. And hardly anyone expected it.

A turning point in history.

I think he would have done a lot better on the signings front than Leslie did but I'm not convinced that he would have won us something

I reckon Sven wonders that every day of the week. I reckon he wakes up in the night in a cold sweat with a vision of Shinawatra in his mind.

Like many before him, the City job killed his career, even though he did a good job overall.

He could have been one of the world's biggest names again if he'd not been sacked by that berk.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
True_Blue69 said:
We would have won the lot by now if he was there when Mansour came in.

He couldn't win the lot with Lazio with endless money supplies and thats when he was a more relevant manager than he is now
Won 7 trophies in 4 years and runner up in the uefa cup

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.