What do you think would have happened if Sven had stayed on?

Well he finished the season very strongly before he left so it's possible he could have done great things like he did at notts county and Leicester.

i think when sven came in he spent the money ok given the time and money he had looking back.

i think he used a big hitter agent to help him to the signings he made. some were good some were average some were shit. all in all under the circumstances you can't really grumble what he tried to acheive.

answering the question what would of happened if sven had stayed on with an open cheque book.

he'd of gone to all of the big hitter agents and caused mayhem and we'de just about be better than liverpool.

he's just not got a footballing brain like roberto mancini.

de niro said:
i dont think you can ever say, its for this reason i prefer to be grateful for what we have won and want to only look forward.

I know what you mean. There seems to be this constant desire from some Blues to look back at the dark days - but, to me, we've won the Premiership title and have it to defend next season. It's only right to look forwards. It's not unlike people who talk about their 15 minutes of fame back in 1984. Les McQueen and Creme Brulee etc.

Sven's past it and his recent track record is sad reading.

Adam Johnsson ,Silva,Milner,Yaya T. Kolarov,Aguero,Dzeko,Nasri,Balotelli,Rodwell, they are all Mancini signings.
All wery hard working team players 100%,Sven would never have had 100%

Relegation zone for most of the season with a lot of over hyped nobodies plus a carling cup final maybe. The guy is a decent nough chap but his signings other than Elano were awful,his tactics were flawed and the team didn't care who they played for! At least Leslie went out and won his last game instead of letting us get tanked 8 f####ng 1 and swan off with his paycheque.

Easily would've cracked top four I reckon within two full seasons. Would've attracted a better calibre of player Hughes did bar Zab, Kompany, NDJ and the like. Really liked Sven think he knew Thaksin was going to give him the axe by the end of it so just gave up.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
No he has lost whatever it was that made him a good manager. Its sad but true

His spells at Mexico, Ivory Coast, and Leicester showed that. I don't think he will ever get another big job again, and just eventually fade, living it easy with all the money he made from his sackings.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JaimF75y5U[/youtube]

EDIT: And I really disagree regarding the comments about his signings. Some of them were just as hit and miss as Hughes' were, infact none of Sven's signings play for us anymore, while Kompany and Zabaleta, pre-takeover signings, are very important players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.