What do you think would have happened if Sven had stayed on?

Assuming we didnt get relegated in that first season before the real squad buliding took place, he would probably have done better than Hughes. He would have been able to develop a playing style more suitable to the players available to us. Would probably have been able to attract a higher standard of import.

But he wouldnt have reached the levels that we have under RM. He just doesnt have Mancini's ruthlessness. We would have become a pretty to watch but underachieving club.

In a few years with Sven I could have gone to York away for the second time!!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
True_Blue69 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Won 7 trophies in 4 years and runner up in the uefa cup

Shot down!

Shot down on what fucking planet have i been shot down you said WON THE LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He didn't win the lot and spent £274 million not winning the lot at a time when £274 million is the equivalent of what we have spent so far
Shot down FFS
Oh and he was actually a good manager at that point as well

Wow

If Sven has stayed on Elano would be best world player of the year ever in the entire universe by know

End of Story.

I've always thought it was a great shame looking back that Sven didn't stay in situ until Mancini came. I wasn't a Hughes hater by any means, but his arrival meant a major change in philosophy from Sven and then when Mancini came in, that was another major change in philosophy.

Had Sven stayed for the intervening 18 months before Mancini took the reins, I suspect that Mancini would have inherited a set up he'd have found easier to mould into what he wanted.

I appreciate that Sven staying may have meant a managerial change at a different time from that at which we dispensed with Hughes's services. That, in turn, may have meant someone else coming in.

I don't think the post-England Sven (as opposed to the Sven who achieved great club success earlier in his career) would necessarily have been a guy who would have swept us to trophies under ADUG without a change of manager being necessary.

However, I do think he'd have been a better bet as a 'safe pair of hands' for the initial period than Hughes, whom I regard as a decent appointment pre-ADUG but slightly out of his depth after the takeover.

Sven was great 4 manchester city.I think he would have 1 us a trophy if he had stayed.Some of the football we played under him was very good.

Sven would have taken us on how far who knows. As we all know Hughes took us backwards in is first season and then an even big one the next.

If I was making a prediction then I'd say we would have won one of the cups and broke into the 4. I felt really sorry for Sven he got a real raw deal and would have done a lot more given the opportunity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.