What does derby week consist of for you...

Thinking about where i'm gonna put city flag and scarf in the pub i work in(especially as the boss i.e A Bollox is a rag) Also shitting myself for days and moving the couch out from the wall!!!

guys ffs get a grip blues....time for a bit of perspective here!!!!....look at the bigger picture...this is one game...ok a very important one but its one small step on the way to much bigger things ie; the adug investment alone could pay off their whole debt as has already been mentioned on another topic.
they now have fear too..of us!!!....when was that ever the case???

this is the painful exorcising of the ghosts of our own fears inbedded over the years watching their success against our own failures...win loose or draw isnt really so much to get paranoid over when measured against the future this club is about to experience......that is the real prize to come.

bloonuts said:
guys ffs get a grip blues....time for a bit of perspective here!!!!....look at the bigger picture...this is one game...ok a very important one but its one small step on the way to much bigger things ie; the adug investment alone could pay off their whole debt as has already been mentioned on another topic.
they now have fear too..of us!!!....when was that ever the case???

this is the painful exorcising of the ghosts of our own fears inbedded over the years watching their success against our own failures...win loose or draw isnt really so much to get paranoid over when measured against the future this club is about to experience......that is the real prize to come.

have you been to many derbies?

No sleep

Wearing nothing but blue clothing

Throwing my darts into the Yoonited Dartboard I have in my garage

One week of constant shitting myself<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:54 pm --<br /><br />
callummcfc50 said:
No sleep

Wearing nothing but blue clothing

Throwing my darts into the Yoonited Dartboard I have in my garage

One week of constant shitting myself

It's not actually a Yoonited dartboard, I printed off their venomous badge onto an A4 piece of paper (It did blind me, mind) then stuck it onto the board.

bluemoonchick said:
Ok here's my derby week;

Shitting myself for a week before hand
Avoid all rags at work in case they start something and i'm forced to chin them
Nerves shot by the morning of the game
Intense panic arriving at coms
Intense hatred as the scum walk out of the tunnel
Complete fear as whistle blows for kick off
90 (plus fergie time) mins of severe anxiety with extreme terror every time they get close to shooting
Euphoria if we score
Suicidal if they score
Orgasmic bliss if we win
Anger if we lose
Smugness and Pride in work on monday morning if we win
Avoid all rags in work on monday morning if we lose in case they start something and i'm forced to chin them again
Total exhaustion by the end of monday

God knows how i'm gonna cope if we start meeting them more than twice a season when we're in cup finals/champions league etc lol ;-)
This basically, although i have one rag m8 who is pretty clued up on football and i love winding him up constantly all that following week knowing that he can't answer for anything regarding them being battered. love it!.

Talking about it.
Thinking about it.
Reading about.
Sleeping badly.
Wearing various City kits/tops all week.
Winding the Delia's up.
Being totally optimistic until i get off the bus and then having a sense of impending doom.

Then spend the entire match convinced they will score if they are anywhere near our goal.

As a southerner and LIFE long supporter, it means stress getting up to Manchester with me now very aging Grandad (the Manchester influence) me uncle , me mam and me cousin!

Then staying in a respectable hotel and getting smashed but not too smashed...

The week has been fraught with worrying about Arsenal beating the spuds which they couldn't do for us, and now nail biting anticipation of arriving at COMs on saturday.

Generally stressful. If we lose I might disappear into the bottom of a bottle of gin.

Look forward to singing along and ranting at COMs with you all.

Trying to ensure that I am not leaving my house at the precise moment that the son of my next door neighbour is arriving with his scrawny brat dressed from head to toe in an infant replica Rag kit.

-drinking nightly to quell the anxiety
-singing mcfc songs nightly
-talking shit to every person i know who follows football, rag or not (soccer here in the US)
-happy to know that the game is televised and i will just be getting shitty all day
-i love derby week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.