What famous fans do we have?

Some good talent coming through on the Manchester music scene who are big blues. Namely Jack Mitchell and Iwan Gronow from Johnny Marr’s band.

Also, if anyone has Spotify then you need to give Werkha a listen to . He’s a hugely talented Manchester lad called Tom Leah who is also a massive Blue.

“But much of his life in exile had been spent around Manchester. Immediately after Scappaticci left Belfast in 2003, he had been tracked via his laptop to an ice cream warehouse near Manchester City’s Etihad stadium. He was a City fanatic. His father had run an ice cream business. Perhaps the two things were linked – but as with so many of his secrets, the truth of the matter is now buried with him”
Have you seen the food stall on Market street it’s called Scappaticcis , I wonder if there is a connection … he blew the lid in the IRA , in the end the spooks were running them , the break in that I believe was staged at Castleray that showed all the ira informants in Northern Ireland was supposed to have been 1000s , to which the ira said we can’t shoot them all they’ll be nobody left.

Was stood on the Kippax that afternoon,typical City lost 1-0 at Filbert Street later in season just after our 3-1 win at the rags.56 year's ago unbelievable.
City played Leicester loads of times in Cup matches between 1965 and 1968.

City beat Leicester at Maine Road in 1965 in the League Cup while City were in Division 2. City also drew them in the FA Cup the same season and won an away replay after a 2-2 draw at Maine Road.

The following season City won 2-1 at home in the FA Cup. In 1968, City lost an FA Cup tie 4-3 after a home 0-0 draw.

In 1969, City beat Leicester in the FA Cup Final. That was seven cup matches and four League matches in three seasons. I was at every match bar the League Cup tie. I can’t say that I was sick of the sight of Leicester, at least in the cup, because City won most of them.

Over the same time frame City lost 3 out of four league matches against Leicester.

City played Leicester loads of times in Cup matches between 1965 and 1968.

City beat Leicester at Maine Road in 1965 in the League Cup while City were in Division 2. City also drew them in the FA Cup the same season and won an away replay after a 2-2 draw at Maine Road.

The following season City won 2-1 at home in the FA Cup. In 1968, City lost an FA Cup tie 4-3 after a home 0-0 draw.

In 1969, City beat Leicester in the FA Cup Final. That was seven cup matches and four League matches in three seasons. I was at every match bar the League Cup tie. I can’t say that I was sick of the sight of Leicester, at least in the cup, because City won most of them.

Over the same time frame City lost 3 out of four league matches against Leicester.
The 2-2 draw in the FA Cup at Maine Road was the first City game I attended.
In the Scoreboard End with my Dad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.