What famous fans do we have?

I honestly didn’t know he was a blue - Clive Myrie
Loves to rattle the rags from time to time on Twitter top bloke.

Clive Myrie was on the One Show recently and talked about his upbringing as a lad in Bolton. He mentioned his love of Cricket and in particular the great West Indies team of the time who he said were "like the Manchester United of Cricket - winning everything ". I thought this a strange comment coming from a Blue, particularly as we are now such serial trophy winners ourselves. He probably meant that at the time the rags were winning a lot of trophies, but nevertheless as a City fan it made me question his credentials as a supporter of God's Own Team.

If you post on here Clive perhaps you might like to elaborate ? :-)

Clive Myrie was on the One Show recently and talked about his upbringing as a lad in Bolton. He mentioned his love of Cricket and in particular the great West Indies team of the time who he said were "like the Manchester United of Cricket - winning everything ". I thought this a strange comment coming from a Blue, particularly as we are now such serial trophy winners ourselves. He probably meant that at the time the rags were winning a lot of trophies, but nevertheless as a City fan it made me question his credentials as a supporter of God's Own Team.

He would have been 28 when the rags won the PL for the first time, so hardly winning everything when he was growing up.

You're not serious are? Clive has said and written several times that he is a blue. Are we really saying that no blue can mention that the Rags were basically all conquering for nigh on 20 years. Are we not allowed to speak true facts?
Sorry, but you have wound me right up. Just enjoy the glory and the football

You're not serious are? Clive has said and written several times that he is a blue. Are we really saying that no blue can mention that the Rags were basically all conquering for nigh on 20 years. Are we not allowed to speak true facts?
Sorry, but you have wound me right up. Just enjoy the glory and the football
Wow, that really has wound you up !
All I said was that I found it a strange comment for a Blue to make. Especially so since we are ourselves nowadays 'all conquering' as you put it. Just an observation - sorry it caused such offense.
I am enjoying the glory, by the way, particularly after the ups and downs watching City during the past 60 years.

Sounds very much like a Colin Schindler moment

Wow, that really has wound you up !
All I said was that I found it a strange comment for a Blue to make. Especially so since we are ourselves nowadays 'all conquering' as you put it. Just an observation - sorry it caused such offense.
I am enjoying the glory, by the way, particularly after the ups and downs watching City during the past 60 years.
Me too but am a youngster to you with only 51 yes. But am chilled out now pissing myself at the rags. Cheers

That’s the sort of thing I’d say because it was true in those days. The comparisons on radio and TV at the time were between the West Indies and Trafford United.
If I’d seen Clive on the One Show saying that I wouldn’t have batted an eyelid (no pun intended)

I love to watch for the twinkle in Clive’s eyes when he announces a loss for them or a win for us. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.