What famous fans do we have?

R U sure ?

View attachment 117793

To be honest, I really thought he'd departed years ago, but appears he's still with us.
Jeff Randall thought he was gone too.

I can just about remember Randall and Hopkirk.

I thought it was diseased, and I clearly recall mu Mum correcting me.

I know him best for playing the shop steward in Carry On At Your Convenience.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think you’re being a bit harsh on Kenny.

He was very popular in the early '70s, far from a one-hit wonder.

However, I agree that his affiliation to City is more than a little puzzling.
He was big mates with Mike summerbee
I've heard on many occasions that Kenny Lynch was a blue,but with no concrete evidence. Its funny you should say he was mates with Buzzer because he wrote Sha la la la Lee for(one of my fave bands) The Small faces. He had 2 top 10 hits and he wrote a fair few too. I always remember him being on Celebrity squares in the 80s, with Lenny Bennet, Frank Carson and co. A likeable and talented chap. And remember, our very own Big Mal was a blue when he was a kid, just down the road in Dartford.

I've heard on many occasions that Kenny Lynch was a blue,but with no concrete evidence. Its funny you should say he was mates with Buzzer because he wrote Sha la la la Lee for(one of my fave bands) The Small faces. He had 2 top 10 hits and he wrote a fair few too. I always remember him being on Celebrity squares in the 80s, with Lenny Bennet, Frank Carson and co. A likeable and talented chap. And remember, our very own Big Mal was a blue when he was a kid, just down the road in Dartford.
I’m pretty sure I remember Malcolm saying that he started supporting City after the 1933 or '34 Cup final.

I have been lucky to meet a good few 'celebs' over the years, mostly in the music world. But the one I was most awe struck at meeting, was actor Leslie Neilsen (at a music event in Las Vegas) had a bit of a chat with him, and on hearing I was from Manchester, and a Blue he said to me, 'I kinda follow Manchester City as my soccer team'. This was in 1997, long before our current glory days, and I asked him why? He told me an English actor he knew around mid 70's was a huge fan, and he took it from there. 'Not doing so good nowadays, but that is just as interesting' was the last thing he got to say to me before his presence was required elsewhere ... and I never got to ask him who the English actor was ...

So Leslie 'Don't call me Shirley' Neilsen was a Blue!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.